cassandra-dev mailing list archives

From Jonathan Ellis <jbel...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Fixing the data model names
Date Thu, 13 Aug 2009 01:47:46 GMT
I agree with the proposition that the SuperColumn name is weak.
(Although not, as I mentioned, Column or ColumnFamily.)  And I could
go with schema over keyspace.

One option to deal with SC would be to excise the term SC (and SCF
from the config) and instead just have Columns, which may or may not
have SubColumns.  You would define this as

<ColumnFamily withSubColumns="true" .../>

"Insert a subcolumn named A into the Column named B" fits pretty well
with how I think of things working.  And now you just have Rows and
Columns!  Just like a RDB! :P

-Jonathan