cassandra-dev mailing list archives

From Matthieu Riou <matthieu.r...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Website [WAS Re: Wiki]
Date Wed, 18 Mar 2009 17:56:13 GMT
On Wed, Mar 18, 2009 at 10:30 AM, Avinash Lakshman <
avinash.lakshman@gmail.com> wrote:

> I guess. Isn't that easier? Is there something else that is the norm?

No norm, just several different options. I personally like when the source
used to generate the site can be checked in the repository but that's mostly
a matter of taste. This for example is generated with Forrest:

http://ant.apache.org/
http://lucene.apache.org/

This is generated by a set of Ruby scripts from Textile files:

http://buildr.apache.org/

And this is generated from Confluence using custom templates:

http://geronimo.apache.org/
http://ode.apache.org/

FWIW, a Forrest site has already been contributed so that could be used to
start with until a sexier option is implemented?

Matthieu

> Avinash
>

> On Wed, Mar 18, 2009 at 10:28 AM, Matthieu Riou <matthieu.riou@gmail.com>wrote:
>
>> On Wed, Mar 18, 2009 at 10:25 AM, Avinash Lakshman <
>> avinash.lakshman@gmail.com> wrote:
>>
>> > I just got myself added as an "Author" maybe couple of days ago. I will
>> > start working on it. But there are other things too on my plate. I will
>> get
>> > around to it soon
>> >

>> So does that mean that you plan to use the wiki as a website?
>>
>> Matthieu
>>

>> > Avinash
>> >
>> > On Wed, Mar 18, 2009 at 9:21 AM, Sandeep Tata <sandeep.tata@gmail.com

>> matthieu.riou@gmail.com