cassandra-dev mailing list archives

From Matthieu Riou <matthieu.r...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Wiki
Date Wed, 11 Mar 2009 18:05:36 GMT
On Wed, Mar 11, 2009 at 10:59 AM, Johan Oskarsson <johan@oskarsson.nu>wrote:

> Out of curiosity is there a reason to use a wiki without public edit
> access? Apache Hadoop, for example, have had one that is editable by
> anyone and they have not had any problems afaik. On the contrary I
> believe a lot of useful updates wouldn't happen with a wiki restricted
> to committers only.

I've started this way just because I don't know how the wiki is going to be
used by the project yet.

Some projects use the Confluence wiki as their website and even bundle it as
part of their distribution. In that context, only committers should be able
to contribute. I don't think it's the case for Hadoop, they have a separate
Forrest-generated website.

So depending on how the wiki is going to be used and how the Apache
Casssandra website will be built, we can decide to have it work either way.

Cheers,
Matthieu