cassandra-commits mailing list archives

Site index · List index
Message view « Date » · « Thread »
Top « Date » · « Thread »
From "Shivang Nagaria (JIRA)" <j...@apache.org>
Subject [jira] [Commented] (CASSANDRA-12760) SELECT JSON "firstName" FROM ... results in {"\"firstName\"": "Bill"}
Date Fri, 03 Feb 2017 07:55:51 GMT

    [ https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/CASSANDRA-12760?page=com.atlassian.jira.plugin.system.issuetabpanels:comment-tabpanel&focusedCommentId=15851197#comment-15851197
] 

Shivang Nagaria commented on CASSANDRA-12760:
---------------------------------------------

[~jjirsa], I dig through the code and I think I need to modify `Selection.java` or `Json.java`
to fix this bug. Am I going in right direction ?

> SELECT JSON "firstName" FROM ... results in {"\"firstName\"": "Bill"}
> ---------------------------------------------------------------------
>
>                 Key: CASSANDRA-12760
>                 URL: https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/CASSANDRA-12760
>             Project: Cassandra
>          Issue Type: Bug
>          Components: Core
>         Environment: Cassandra 3.7
>            Reporter: Niek Bartholomeus
>            Assignee: Shivang Nagaria
>              Labels: lhf
>
> I'm using Cassandra to store data coming from Spark and intended for being consumed by
a javascript front end.
> To avoid unnecessary field name mappings I have decided to use mixed case fields in Cassandra.
I also happily leave it to Cassandra to jsonify the data (using SELECT JSON ...) so my scala/play
web server can send the results from Cassandra straight through to the front end.
> I noticed however that all mixed case fields (that were created with quotes as Cassandra
demands) end up having a double set of quotes
> {code}
> create table user(id text PRIMARY KEY, "firstName" text);
> insert into user(id, "firstName") values ('b', 'Bill');
> select json * from user;
>  [json]
> --------------------------------------
>  {"id": "b", "\"firstName\"": "Bill"}
> {code}
> Ideally that would be:
> {code}
>  [json]
> --------------------------------------
>  {"id": "b", "firstName": "Bill"}
> {code}
> I worked around it for now by removing all "\""'s before sending the json to the front
end.



--
This message was sent by Atlassian JIRA
(v6.3.15#6346)

Mime
View raw message