cassandra-commits mailing list archives

Site index · List index
Message view « Date » · « Thread »
Top « Date » · « Thread »
From "Paulo Motta (JIRA)" <j...@apache.org>
Subject [jira] [Issue Comment Deleted] (CASSANDRA-11831) Ability to disable purgeable tombstone check via startup flag
Date Fri, 20 May 2016 21:38:12 GMT

     [ https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/CASSANDRA-11831?page=com.atlassian.jira.plugin.system.issuetabpanels:all-tabpanel
]

Paulo Motta updated CASSANDRA-11831:
------------------------------------
    Comment: was deleted

(was: I noticed this but since it's used only in tests I didn't bother about it. But it's
better to play it safe and just include it in case anyone use this outside tests.)

> Ability to disable purgeable tombstone check via startup flag
> -------------------------------------------------------------
>
>                 Key: CASSANDRA-11831
>                 URL: https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/CASSANDRA-11831
>             Project: Cassandra
>          Issue Type: New Feature
>            Reporter: Ryan Svihla
>            Assignee: Marcus Eriksson
>             Fix For: 2.1.x, 2.2.x, 3.0.x, 3.x
>
>
> On Cassandra 2.1.14 hen a node gets way behind and has 10s of thousand sstables it appears
a lot of the CPU time is spent doing checks like this on a call to getMaxPurgeableTimestamp

>      org.apache.cassandra.utils.Murmur3BloomFilter.hash(java.nio.ByteBuffer, int, int,
long, long[]) @bci=13, line=57 (Compiled frame; information may be imprecise)
>     - org.apache.cassandra.utils.BloomFilter.indexes(java.nio.ByteBuffer) @bci=22, line=82
(Compiled frame)
>     - org.apache.cassandra.utils.BloomFilter.isPresent(java.nio.ByteBuffer) @bci=2, line=107
(Compiled frame)
>     - org.apache.cassandra.db.compaction.CompactionController.maxPurgeableTimestamp(org.apache.cassandra.db.DecoratedKey)
@bci=89, line=186 (Compiled frame)
>     - org.apache.cassandra.db.compaction.LazilyCompactedRow.getMaxPurgeableTimestamp()
@bci=21, line=99 (Compiled frame)
>     - org.apache.cassandra.db.compaction.LazilyCompactedRow.access$300(org.apache.cassandra.db.compaction.LazilyCompactedRow)
@bci=1, line=49 (Compiled frame)
>     - org.apache.cassandra.db.compaction.LazilyCompactedRow$Reducer.getReduced() @bci=241,
line=296 (Compiled frame)
>     - org.apache.cassandra.db.compaction.LazilyCompactedRow$Reducer.getReduced() @bci=1,
line=206 (Compiled frame)
>     - org.apache.cassandra.utils.MergeIterator$OneToOne.computeNext() @bci=44, line=206
(Compiled frame)
>     - com.google.common.collect.AbstractIterator.tryToComputeNext() @bci=9, line=143
(Compiled frame)
>     - com.google.common.collect.AbstractIterator.hasNext() @bci=61, line=138 (Compiled
frame)
>     - com.google.common.collect.Iterators$7.computeNext() @bci=4, line=645 (Compiled
frame)
>     - com.google.common.collect.AbstractIterator.tryToComputeNext() @bci=9, line=143
(Compiled frame)
>     - com.google.common.collect.AbstractIterator.hasNext() @bci=61, line=138 (Compiled
frame)
>     - org.apache.cassandra.db.ColumnIndex$Builder.buildForCompaction(java.util.Iterator)
@bci=1, line=166 (Compiled frame)
>     - org.apache.cassandra.db.compaction.LazilyCompactedRow.write(long, org.apache.cassandra.io.util.DataOutputPlus)
@bci=52, line=121 (Compiled frame)
>     - org.apache.cassandra.io.sstable.SSTableWriter.append(org.apache.cassandra.db.compaction.AbstractCompactedRow)
@bci=18, line=193 (Compiled frame)
>     - org.apache.cassandra.io.sstable.SSTableRewriter.append(org.apache.cassandra.db.compaction.AbstractCompactedRow)
@bci=13, line=127 (Compiled frame)
>     - org.apache.cassandra.db.compaction.CompactionTask.runMayThrow() @bci=666, line=197
(Compiled frame)
>     - org.apache.cassandra.utils.WrappedRunnable.run() @bci=1, line=28 (Compiled frame)
>     - org.apache.cassandra.db.compaction.CompactionTask.executeInternal(org.apache.cassandra.db.compaction.CompactionManager$CompactionExecutorStatsCollector)
@bci=6, line=73 (Compiled frame)
>     - org.apache.cassandra.db.compaction.AbstractCompactionTask.execute(org.apache.cassandra.db.compaction.CompactionManager$CompactionExecutorStatsCollector)
@bci=2, line=59 (Compiled frame)
>     - org.apache.cassandra.db.compaction.CompactionManager$BackgroundCompactionCandidate.run()
@bci=125, line=264 (Compiled frame)
>     - java.util.concurrent.Executors$RunnableAdapter.call() @bci=4, line=511 (Compiled
frame)
>     - java.util.concurrent.FutureTask.run() @bci=42, line=266 (Compiled frame)
>     - java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor.runWorker(java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor$Worker)
@bci=95, line=1142 (Compiled frame)
>     - java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor$Worker.run() @bci=5, line=617 (Compiled
frame)
>     - java.lang.Thread.run() @bci=11, line=745 (Compiled frame)
> If we could at least on startup pass a flag like -DskipTombstonePurgeCheck so we could
in these particularly bad cases just avoid the calculation and merge tables until we have
less to worry about then restart the node with that flag missing once we're down to a more
manageable amount of sstables. 



--
This message was sent by Atlassian JIRA
(v6.3.4#6332)

Mime
View raw message