cassandra-commits mailing list archives

Site index · List index
Message view « Date » · « Thread »
Top « Date » · « Thread »
From "Thanh (JIRA)" <j...@apache.org>
Subject [jira] [Commented] (CASSANDRA-8554) Node where gossip is disabled still shows as UP on that node; other nodes show it as DN
Date Fri, 02 Jan 2015 23:18:34 GMT

    [ https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/CASSANDRA-8554?page=com.atlassian.jira.plugin.system.issuetabpanels:comment-tabpanel&focusedCommentId=14263305#comment-14263305
] 

Thanh commented on CASSANDRA-8554:
----------------------------------

I asked Mark to change the title of this jira from
"Nodetool drain shows all nodes as UP on the drained node"
to 
"Node where gossip is disabled still shows as up on that node; other nodes show it as DN"
because the behavior he describes above is not specific to DRAIN.  You'll see the same thing
if you do "nodetool disablegossip" on nodeX:
"nodetool status" run from nodeX (after a "nodetool disablegossip" is done on nodeX) will
show nodeX and all other nodes as UP (assuming that all the other nodes are indeed up), while
"nodetool status" run from any other cluster node will show nodeX as DN.  I didn't think this
was a bug, but...comments in COSS seem to indicate that it is, which led to the creation of
this jira.

> Node where gossip is disabled still shows  as UP on that node; other nodes show it as
DN
> ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
>
>                 Key: CASSANDRA-8554
>                 URL: https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/CASSANDRA-8554
>             Project: Cassandra
>          Issue Type: Bug
>         Environment: Centos 6.5, DSE4.5.1 tarball install
>            Reporter: Mark Curtis
>            Priority: Minor
>
> When running nodetool drain, the drained node will still show the status of itself as
UP in nodetool status even after the drain has finished. For example using a 3 node cluster
on one of the nodes that is still operating and not drained we see this:
> {code}
> $ ./dse-4.5.1/bin/nodetool status
> Note: Ownership information does not include topology; for complete information, specify
a keyspace
> Datacenter: Central
> ===================
> Status=Up/Down
> |/ State=Normal/Leaving/Joining/Moving
> --  Address        Load       Tokens  Owns   Host ID                               Rack
> UN  192.168.56.21  210.78 KB  256     32.1%  82eb2fca-4f57-467b-a972-93096ec5d69f  RAC1
> DN  192.168.56.23  2.22 GB    256     33.5%  a11bfac1-fad0-440b-bd68-7562a89ce3c7  RAC1
> UN  192.168.56.22  2.22 GB    256     34.4%  4250cb05-97be-4bac-887a-acc307d1bc0c  RAC1
> {code}
> While on the drained node we see this:
> {code}
> [datastax@DSE4 ~]$ ./dse-4.5.1/bin/nodetool drain
> [datastax@DSE4 ~]$ ./dse-4.5.1/bin/nodetool status
> Note: Ownership information does not include topology; for complete information, specify
a keyspace
> Datacenter: Central
> ===================
> Status=Up/Down
> |/ State=Normal/Leaving/Joining/Moving
> --  Address        Load       Tokens  Owns   Host ID                               Rack
> UN  192.168.56.21  210.78 KB  256     32.1%  82eb2fca-4f57-467b-a972-93096ec5d69f  RAC1
> UN  192.168.56.23  2.22 GB    256     33.5%  a11bfac1-fad0-440b-bd68-7562a89ce3c7  RAC1
> UN  192.168.56.22  2.22 GB    256     34.4%  4250cb05-97be-4bac-887a-acc307d1bc0c  RAC1
> {code}
> Netstat shows outgoing connections from the drained node to other nodes as still established
on port 7000 but the node is no longer listening on port 7000 which I believe is expected.
> However the output of nodetool status on the drained node could be interpreted as misleading.



--
This message was sent by Atlassian JIRA
(v6.3.4#6332)

Mime
View raw message