cassandra-commits mailing list archives

Site index · List index
Message view « Date » · « Thread »
Top « Date » · « Thread »
From "Kai Wang (JIRA)" <j...@apache.org>
Subject [jira] [Created] (CASSANDRA-6149) OOM in Cassandra 2.0.1
Date Sun, 06 Oct 2013 04:32:41 GMT
Kai Wang created CASSANDRA-6149:
-----------------------------------

             Summary: OOM in Cassandra 2.0.1
                 Key: CASSANDRA-6149
                 URL: https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/CASSANDRA-6149
             Project: Cassandra
          Issue Type: Bug
          Components: Core
         Environment: Windows 7 64 bit. Java 64-bit 1.7.0_25. Cassandra 2.0.1
            Reporter: Kai Wang


I have a program to stress test Cassandra. What it does is remove/insert rows with a small
set of row keys as fast as possible. Two CFs are involved. When I test against C* 1.2.3 with
default configurations, it ran for 24 hours and C* doesn't having any issue. However after
I upgraded to C* 2.0.1, C* crashes on OOM within 1-2 minutes. I can consistently reproduce
this.

I built C* from the source and found out the last good changeset is cfa097cdd5e28d7fe8204248e246a1fae226d2c0.
As soon as I include the next changeset 1e0d9513b748fae4ec0737283da71c65e9272102, C* starts
to crash. What's interesting is although it seems the change was reverted by fc1a7206fe15882fd64e7ba8eb68ba9dc320275f.
C* built from fc1a7206fe15882fd64e7ba8eb68ba9dc320275f has the same problem - OOM within minutes.

I didn't test against the official 2.0.0. But the C* built from 03045ca22b11b0e5fc85c4fabd83ce6121b5709b
seems OK. I assume that's what 2.0.0 is.

I use default configurations in all cases. I didn't tune anything.



--
This message was sent by Atlassian JIRA
(v6.1#6144)

Mime
View raw message