cassandra-commits mailing list archives

Site index · List index
Message view « Date » · « Thread »
Top « Date » · « Thread »
From "Jonathan Ellis (JIRA)" <j...@apache.org>
Subject [jira] Updated: (CASSANDRA-493) error with utf8 columnfamilies
Date Thu, 15 Oct 2009 18:46:31 GMT

     [ https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/CASSANDRA-493?page=com.atlassian.jira.plugin.system.issuetabpanels:all-tabpanel
]

Jonathan Ellis updated CASSANDRA-493:
-------------------------------------

    Attachment: 493.patch

Fixes using non-utf8-aware comparison as a sanity check in SC.putColumn (to make sure we're
actually merging the same column name)

> error with utf8 columnfamilies
> ------------------------------
>
>                 Key: CASSANDRA-493
>                 URL: https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/CASSANDRA-493
>             Project: Cassandra
>          Issue Type: Bug
>          Components: Core
>            Reporter: Jonathan Ellis
>            Assignee: Jonathan Ellis
>             Fix For: 0.4
>
>         Attachments: 493.patch
>
>
> From the mailing list:
> ERROR [ROW-MUTATION-STAGE:2935] 2009-10-15 17:32:52,518
> DebuggableThreadPoolExecutor.java (line 85) Error in
> ThreadPoolExecutor
> java.lang.IllegalArgumentException: The name should match the name of
> the current column or super column
>        at org.apache.cassandra.db.SuperColumn.putColumn(SuperColumn.java:208)
>        at org.apache.cassandra.db.ColumnFamily.addColumn(ColumnFamily.java:200)
>        at org.apache.cassandra.db.ColumnFamily.addColumns(ColumnFamily.java:127)
>        at org.apache.cassandra.db.Memtable.resolve(Memtable.java:156)
>        at org.apache.cassandra.db.Memtable.put(Memtable.java:139)
>        at org.apache.cassandra.db.ColumnFamilyStore.apply(ColumnFamilyStore.java:450)
>        at org.apache.cassandra.db.Table.apply(Table.java:608)
>        at org.apache.cassandra.db.RowMutation.apply(RowMutation.java:205)
>        at org.apache.cassandra.db.RowMutationVerbHandler.doVerb(RowMutationVerbHandler.java:79)
>        at org.apache.cassandra.net.MessageDeliveryTask.run(MessageDeliveryTask.java:39)
>        at java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor$Worker.runTask(ThreadPoolExecutor.java:886)
>        at java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor$Worker.run(ThreadPoolExecutor.java:908)
>        at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:619)
> ERROR [ROW-MUTATION-STAGE:2935] 2009-10-15 17:32:52,519
> CassandraDaemon.java (line 71) Fatal exception in thread
> Thread[ROW-MUTATION-STAGE:2935,5,main]
> java.lang.IllegalArgumentException: The name should match the name of
> the current column or super column
>        at org.apache.cassandra.db.SuperColumn.putColumn(SuperColumn.java:208)
>        at org.apache.cassandra.db.ColumnFamily.addColumn(ColumnFamily.java:200)
>        at org.apache.cassandra.db.ColumnFamily.addColumns(ColumnFamily.java:127)
>        at org.apache.cassandra.db.Memtable.resolve(Memtable.java:156)
>        at org.apache.cassandra.db.Memtable.put(Memtable.java:139)
>        at org.apache.cassandra.db.ColumnFamilyStore.apply(ColumnFamilyStore.java:450)
>        at org.apache.cassandra.db.Table.apply(Table.java:608)
>        at org.apache.cassandra.db.RowMutation.apply(RowMutation.java:205)
>        at org.apache.cassandra.db.RowMutationVerbHandler.doVerb(RowMutationVerbHandler.java:79)
>        at org.apache.cassandra.net.MessageDeliveryTask.run(MessageDeliveryTask.java:39)
>        at java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor$Worker.runTask(ThreadPoolExecutor.java:886)
>        at java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor$Worker.run(ThreadPoolExecutor.java:908)
>        at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:619)
> Stopping and starting the cluster gives me something similar:
> ERROR - Error in executor futuretask
> java.util.concurrent.ExecutionException:
> java.lang.IllegalArgumentException: The name should match the name of
> the current column or super column
> at java.util.concurrent.FutureTask$Sync.innerGet(FutureTask.java:222)
> at java.util.concurrent.FutureTask.get(FutureTask.java:83)
> at org.apache.cassandra.concurrent.DebuggableThreadPoolExecutor.logFutureExceptions(DebuggableThreadPoolExecutor.java:95)
> at org.apache.cassandra.concurrent.DebuggableScheduledThreadPoolExecutor.afterExecute(DebuggableScheduledThreadPoolExecutor.java:50)
> at java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor$Worker.runTask(ThreadPoolExecutor.java:888)
> at java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor$Worker.run(ThreadPoolExecutor.java:908)
> at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:619)
> Caused by: java.lang.IllegalArgumentException: The name should match
> the name of the current column or super column
> at org.apache.cassandra.db.SuperColumn.putColumn(SuperColumn.java:208)
> at org.apache.cassandra.db.ColumnFamily.addColumn(ColumnFamily.java:200)
> at org.apache.cassandra.db.ColumnFamily.addColumns(ColumnFamily.java:127)
> at org.apache.cassandra.db.ColumnFamily.resolve(ColumnFamily.java:408)
> at org.apache.cassandra.db.ColumnFamilyStore.merge(ColumnFamilyStore.java:477)
> at org.apache.cassandra.db.ColumnFamilyStore.doFileCompaction(ColumnFamilyStore.java:1078)
> at org.apache.cassandra.db.ColumnFamilyStore.doCompaction(ColumnFamilyStore.java:689)
> at org.apache.cassandra.db.MinorCompactionManager$1.call(MinorCompactionManager.java:165)
> at org.apache.cassandra.db.MinorCompactionManager$1.call(MinorCompactionManager.java:162)
> at java.util.concurrent.FutureTask$Sync.innerRun(FutureTask.java:303)
> at java.util.concurrent.FutureTask.run(FutureTask.java:138)
> at java.util.concurrent.ScheduledThreadPoolExecutor$ScheduledFutureTask.access$301(ScheduledThreadPoolExecutor.java:98)
> at java.util.concurrent.ScheduledThreadPoolExecutor$ScheduledFutureTask.run(ScheduledThreadPoolExecutor.java:207)
> at java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor$Worker.runTask(ThreadPoolExecutor.java:886)
> ... 2 more

-- 
This message is automatically generated by JIRA.
-
You can reply to this email to add a comment to the issue online.


Mime
View raw message