cassandra-commits mailing list archives

Site index · List index
Message view « Date » · « Thread »
Top « Date » · « Thread »
From "Jonathan Ellis (JIRA)" <j...@apache.org>
Subject [jira] Commented: (CASSANDRA-462) Read repair happens on every quorum read
Date Mon, 28 Sep 2009 21:37:15 GMT

    [ https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/CASSANDRA-462?page=com.atlassian.jira.plugin.system.issuetabpanels:comment-tabpanel&focusedCommentId=12760394#action_12760394
] 

Jonathan Ellis commented on CASSANDRA-462:
------------------------------------------

Do you see the same behavior when you run w/ replication factor of 3? (Wiping out your data
and commitlog & restarting is the easiest way to change replication atm.)  I know there
is at least one group testing 3 nodes / replication 3.

> Read repair happens on every quorum read
> ----------------------------------------
>
>                 Key: CASSANDRA-462
>                 URL: https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/CASSANDRA-462
>             Project: Cassandra
>          Issue Type: Bug
>          Components: Core
>            Reporter: Edmond Lau
>
> I have a 3 node cluster with a replication factor of 2, running on 0.4
> RC1.  I've set both my read and write consistency levels to use a
> quorum.
> I'm observing that quorum reads keep invoking read repair and log
> DigestMismatchExceptions from the StorageProxy.  In the absence of any
> additional inserts, I'd expect that read repair would happen at most
> once before the 2 nodes responsible for the data both have fresh views
> of the data.
> Here's what I see in my debug log for one machine on two consecutive
> quorum reads for the data.  I get similar messages when querying any
> of the 3 nodes.  Similar messages are logged on subsequent queries for
> the exact same row/column.  The issue happens when reading both
> supercolumns or columns.  Restarting the cluster has no effect.
> DEBUG [pool-1-thread-1] 2009-09-26 00:26:20,317 CassandraServer.java
> (line 305) multiget
> DEBUG [pool-1-thread-1] 2009-09-26 00:26:20,360 StorageProxy.java
> (line 375) strongread reading data for
> SliceByNamesReadCommand(table='Analytics', key='test',
> columnParent='QueryPath(columnFamilyName='Domain',
> superColumnName='null', co\
> lumnName='null')', columns=[www.ooyala.com,]) from 17@172.16.130.130:7000
> DEBUG [pool-1-thread-1] 2009-09-26 00:26:20,365 StorageProxy.java
> (line 382) strongread reading digest for
> SliceByNamesReadCommand(table='Analytics', key='test',
> columnParent='QueryPath(columnFamilyName='Domain',
> superColumnName='null', \
> columnName='null')', columns=[www.ooyala.com,]) from 18@172.16.130.131:7000
> DEBUG [ROW-READ-STAGE:1] 2009-09-26 00:26:20,380 ReadVerbHandler.java
> (line 100) Read key test; sending response to
> EEF5BCFF-D592-F1DE-6DEE-B74029218A29@172.16.130.130:7000
> DEBUG [RESPONSE-STAGE:1] 2009-09-26 00:26:20,387
> ResponseVerbHandler.java (line 34) Processing response on a callback
> from EEF5BCFF-D592-F1DE-6DEE-B74029218A29@172.16.130.130:7000
> DEBUG [RESPONSE-STAGE:2] 2009-09-26 00:26:20,449
> ResponseVerbHandler.java (line 34) Processing response on a callback
> from EEF5BCFF-D592-F1DE-6DEE-B74029218A29@172.16.130.131:7000
> DEBUG [pool-1-thread-1] 2009-09-26 00:26:20,474
> ReadResponseResolver.java (line 84) Response deserialization time : 0
> ms.
> DEBUG [pool-1-thread-1] 2009-09-26 00:26:20,474
> ReadResponseResolver.java (line 84) Response deserialization time : 0
> ms.
>  INFO [pool-1-thread-1] 2009-09-26 00:26:20,475 StorageProxy.java
> (line 411) DigestMismatchException: test
> DEBUG [ROW-READ-STAGE:2] 2009-09-26 00:26:20,477 ReadVerbHandler.java
> (line 100) Read key test; sending response to 19@172.16.130.130:7000
> DEBUG [RESPONSE-STAGE:3] 2009-09-26 00:26:20,478
> ResponseVerbHandler.java (line 34) Processing response on a callback
> from 19@172.16.130.130:7000
> DEBUG [RESPONSE-STAGE:4] 2009-09-26 00:26:20,480
> ResponseVerbHandler.java (line 34) Processing response on a callback
> from 19@172.16.130.131:7000
> DEBUG [pool-1-thread-1] 2009-09-26 00:26:20,481
> ReadResponseResolver.java (line 84) Response deserialization time : 0
> ms.
> DEBUG [pool-1-thread-1] 2009-09-26 00:26:20,481
> ReadResponseResolver.java (line 84) Response deserialization time : 0
> ms.
>  INFO [pool-1-thread-1] 2009-09-26 00:26:20,482
> ReadResponseResolver.java (line 148) resolve: 1 ms.
> DEBUG [pool-1-thread-2] 2009-09-26 00:27:22,099 CassandraServer.java
> (line 305) multiget
> DEBUG [pool-1-thread-2] 2009-09-26 00:27:22,100 StorageProxy.java
> (line 375) strongread reading data for
> SliceByNamesReadCommand(table='Analytics', key='test',
> columnParent='QueryPath(columnFamilyName='Domain',
> superColumnName='null', co\
> lumnName='null')', columns=[www.ooyala.com,]) from 224@172.16.130.130:7000
> DEBUG [pool-1-thread-2] 2009-09-26 00:27:22,100 StorageProxy.java
> (line 382) strongread reading digest for
> SliceByNamesReadCommand(table='Analytics', key='test',
> columnParent='QueryPath(columnFamilyName='Domain',
> superColumnName='null', \
> columnName='null')', columns=[www.ooyala.com,]) from 225@172.16.130.131:7000
> DEBUG [ROW-READ-STAGE:1] 2009-09-26 00:27:22,103 ReadVerbHandler.java
> (line 100) Read key test; sending response to
> CD1A7545-F759-1CA7-4D17-87FA4A16E2E4@172.16.130.130:7000
> DEBUG [RESPONSE-STAGE:1] 2009-09-26 00:27:22,103
> ResponseVerbHandler.java (line 34) Processing response on a callback
> from CD1A7545-F759-1CA7-4D17-87FA4A16E2E4@172.16.130.130:7000
> DEBUG [RESPONSE-STAGE:2] 2009-09-26 00:27:22,107
> ResponseVerbHandler.java (line 34) Processing response on a callback
> from CD1A7545-F759-1CA7-4D17-87FA4A16E2E4@172.16.130.131:7000
> DEBUG [pool-1-thread-2] 2009-09-26 00:27:22,108
> ReadResponseResolver.java (line 84) Response deserialization time : 1
> ms.
> DEBUG [pool-1-thread-2] 2009-09-26 00:27:22,108
> ReadResponseResolver.java (line 84) Response deserialization time : 0
> ms.
>  INFO [pool-1-thread-2] 2009-09-26 00:27:22,109 StorageProxy.java
> (line 411) DigestMismatchException: test
> DEBUG [ROW-READ-STAGE:2] 2009-09-26 00:27:22,114 ReadVerbHandler.java
> (line 100) Read key test; sending response to 226@172.16.130.130:7000
> DEBUG [RESPONSE-STAGE:3] 2009-09-26 00:27:22,114
> ResponseVerbHandler.java (line 34) Processing response on a callback
> from 226@172.16.130.130:7000
> DEBUG [RESPONSE-STAGE:4] 2009-09-26 00:27:22,205
> ResponseVerbHandler.java (line 34) Processing response on a callback
> from 226@172.16.130.131:7000
> DEBUG [pool-1-thread-2] 2009-09-26 00:27:22,206
> ReadResponseResolver.java (line 84) Response deserialization time : 0
> ms.
> DEBUG [pool-1-thread-2] 2009-09-26 00:27:22,206
> ReadResponseResolver.java (line 84) Response deserialization time : 0
> ms.
>  INFO [pool-1-thread-2] 2009-09-26 00:27:22,207
> ReadResponseResolver.java (line 148) resolve: 1 ms.

-- 
This message is automatically generated by JIRA.
-
You can reply to this email to add a comment to the issue online.


Mime
View raw message