cassandra-client-dev mailing list archives

From Jonathan Ellis <jbel...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Prepared Statement support (CASSANDRA-2475)
Date Fri, 13 Jan 2012 22:04:02 GMT
To throw out a real-world example: I'm working on CASSANDRA-2878
("Allow CQL-based map/reduce") and it simplifies things to have the
"output" from a query (CqlRow/Column, which are binary) the same as
the input parameters [for the resultset KEY > X paging].  Otherwise I
have to convert it to string for the PS, so that the server can
convert it back to binary.

--
Jonathan Ellis
Project Chair, Apache Cassandra