cassandra-client-dev mailing list archives

From Ryan King <r...@twitter.com>
Subject Re: Updating cassandra RubyGem for 0.8 & CQL
Date Thu, 28 Apr 2011 18:43:16 GMT
This is awesome. I'll work to get it merged.

-ryan

On Wed, Apr 27, 2011 at 8:36 PM, Robert Jackson
<robertj@promedicalinc.com> wrote:
> I have just finished these updates. The following changes/new features have been made:
>
> * Update Rakefile to install 0.6.13, 0.7.4, 0.8.0-beta1 to ~/cassandra/cassandra-VERSION
> * Add data:load task to Rakefile for creating the schema required for the tests
> * Default the Rakefile to use 0.8-beta1
> * Setup test suite to work on 0.6.13, 0.7.4, and 0.8.0-beta1
> * All tests pass for all supported (0.6.13, 0.7.4, 0.8.0-beta1) versions.
> * Added Support for 0.8-beta1
> * Changed get_index_slices to return a hash of rows
> * Updated Cassandra::Mock to pass all tests for each Cassandra version
>
> Please review my changes at:
>
> https://github.com/rjackson/cassandra
>
> I have submitted a pull request to the main fauna/cassandra repo on Github.
>
> The next round of updates will be to add an additional "version" for CQL.
>
> Robert Jackson

0.8. I am a relative newcomer to Cassandra in general, and working on the internals of the
client has really helped.

> To make sure that I didn't loose any ground with other versions of Cassandra, I updated
the test suite so that it can run tests against 0.6, 0.7, and 0.8. This works by setting a
CASSANDRA_VERSION env variable before calling the normal rake or bin/cassandra_helper scripts.

> Run the cassandra version with:
>
> CASSANDRA_VERSION=0.8 rake cassandra
>
> Then you can run the tests with:
>
> CASSANDRA_VERSION=0.8 rake
>
> I still have a ways to go with getting all the tests passing, but at this point 0.8 and
0.6 have around 6 failures and 8 errors. (I am struggling with an schema loading issue with
0.7.4.)

> I hope to have the tests all passing in the next couple of days, and hopefully we can
get the changes pushed upstream. Then I am going to start fleshing out the CQL version (which
hopefully shouldn't be such a moving target between Cassandra versions).