cassandra-client-dev mailing list archives

From Chip Salzenberg <c...@pobox.com>
Subject Cassandra Perl interface
Date Wed, 01 Sep 2010 02:17:49 GMT

> The purpose of this list is discussion pertaining to the development of
> client APIs (think Pycassa, Hector, Pelops, Scromium, LazyBoy, etc).

I'm working on a Cassandra interface for Perl that uses the C++ thrift
bindings.  (Perl is not the ideal language for protocol twiddling, and
the thrift generated Perl code is very far from theoretical maximum
performance.)  Almost none of the protocol itself is implemented yet,
but the C/Perl plumbing is under construction, and the module does
actually build.  Code is at http://github.com/chipdude/cassandra-perl