carbondata-user mailing list archives

From "Adunuthula, Seshu" <sadunuth...@ebay.com>
Subject Alternatives to HDFS for Storage Layer
Date Mon, 09 Oct 2017 20:42:07 GMT
Hello Folks,

Spent some time over the weekend looking at Apache Carbon Data. This looks quite interesting,
specifically the deep integration with SparkSQL. Huawei contributions have been impressive
(CBO for SparkSQL and Apache CarbonData). You have all the pieces to make a credible alternative
to native DW solutions such as Terdata/Vertica/Netezza.

We at eBay plan to do a POC for interactive users with SparkSQL + CarbonData and will let
you know our results. Curious about your thoughts on alternatives to HDFS for the Storage
layer to Carbon Data Files. For e.g. If you store these files into a KV Store (Mongo/Couchbase).
Would it make a difference to the raw performance for the queries?

Regards
Seshu Adunuthula