carbondata-user mailing list archives

From Swapnil Shinde <swapnilushi...@gmail.com>
Subject FileNotFoundExceptions while running CarbonData
Date Mon, 17 Jul 2017 05:55:55 GMT
Hello
    I am new to carbon data and we are trying to use carbon data in
production. I built and installed it on Spark edge nodes as per given
instruction -

*Build -* No major issues.
*Installation -* Followed yarn installation (
http://carbondata.apache.org/installation-guide.html)  instructions.
*Infrastructure -* Spark 2.1.0 on MapR cluster.
*carbon.properties changes -*
          carbon.storelocation=/tmp/hacluster/Opt/CarbonStore
          carbon.badRecords.location=/opt/Carbon/Spark/badrecords
          carbon.lock.type=HDFSLOCK
*spark-default.conf changes -*
         spark.yarn.dist.files
/opt/mapr/spark/spark-2.1.0/conf/carbon.properties
         spark.yarn.dist.archives
 /opt/mapr/spark/spark-2.1.0/carbonlib/carbondata.tar.gz
         spark.executor.extraJavaOptions
 -Dcarbon.properties.filepath=carbon.properties
         spark.driver.extraJavaOptions
-Dcarbon.properties.filepath=/opt/mapr/spark/spark-2.1.0/conf/carbon.properties
*Command line -*
/opt/mapr/spark/spark-2.1.0/bin/spark-shell --name "My app" --master yarn
--jars
/opt/mapr/spark/spark-2.1.0/carbonlib/carbondata_2.11-1.1.0-shade-hadoop2.2.0.jar
\
--driver-memory 1g \
--executor-cores 2 \
--executor-memory 2G
*Code snippet -*
import org.apache.spark.sql.SparkSession
import org.apache.spark.sql.CarbonSession._
val carbon =
SparkSession.builder().config(sc.getConf).getOrCreateCarbonSession("/mapr/
ri0.abc.com/tmp", "/mapr/ri0.abc.com/tmp")
carbon.sql("""CREATE TABLE
                        IF NOT EXISTS test_table(
                                  id string,
                                  name string,
                                  city string,
                                  age Int)
                       STORED BY 'carbondata'""")

carbon.sql("""LOAD DATA INPATH '/mapr/ri0.comscore.com/tmp/sample.csv'
                  INTO TABLE test_table""")

First error -
      Inital error was "*Dictionay file is locked for updation*". Further
debugging showed that it was due to missing maprFS filesyste.
(HDFSFileLock.java line # 52) -
String hdfsPath =  "conf.get(CarbonCommonConstants.FS_DEFAULT_FS)"

I added some code to workaround with path like maprfs:///* and that seemed
to be working fine. (like adding MAPRFS FileType)

*Second error -*
   First error was gone after mapFS refactoring but then it fails with
below error. *It seems *.dict & *.dictmeta are not getting created.* Could
you please help me resolving this error?
[image: Inline image 1]

Thanks
Swapnil