carbondata-dev mailing list archives

From Akash Nilugal <akashnilu...@gmail.com>
Subject [VOTE] Apache CarbonData 2.2.0(RC2) release
Date Mon, 02 Aug 2021 07:02:56 GMT
Hi All,

I submit the Apache CarbonData 2.2.0(RC2) for your vote.

*1.Release Notes:*
https://issues.apache.org/jira/secure/ReleaseNote.jspa?version=12347869&styleName=Html&projectId=12320220&Create=Create&atl_token=A5KQ-2QAV-T4JA-FDED_d44fca7058ab2c2a2a4a24e02264cc701f7d10b8_lin

*Some key features and improvements in this release:*
   - Integrate with Apache Spark-3.1
   - Leverage Secondary Index till segment level with SI as datamap and SI
with plan rewrite
   - Make Secondary Index as a coarse grain datamap and use secondary
indexes for Presto queries
   - Support rename SI table
   - Support describe column
   - Local sort Partition Load and Compaction improvement
   - GeoSpatial Query Enhancements
   - Improve the table status and segment file writing
   - Improve the carbon CDC performance and introduce APIs to UPSERT,
DELETE, UPDATE and DELETE
   - Improvements clean file and rename performance

*2. The tag to be voted upon:* apache-carbondata-2.2.0-rc2
https://github.com/apache/carbondata/tree/apache-carbondata-2.2.0-rc2

Commit: c3a908b51b2f590eb76eb4f4d875cd568dbece40
https://github.com/apache/carbondata/commit/c3a908b51b2f590eb76eb4f4d875cd568dbece40

*3. The artifacts to be voted on are located here:*
https://dist.apache.org/repos/dist/dev/carbondata/2.2.0-rc2

*4. A staged Maven repository is available for review at:*
https://repository.apache.org/content/repositories/orgapachecarbondata-1071/

Please vote on releasing this package as Apache CarbonData 2.2.0,  The vote
will be open for the next 72 hours and passes if a majority of at least
three +1
PMC votes are cast.

[ ] +1 Release this package as Apache CarbonData 2.2.0

[ ] 0 I don't feel strongly about it, but I'm okay with the release

Regards,
Akash R Nilugal