camel-users mailing list archives

From Claus Ibsen <>
Subject Re: Exhausted after delivery attempt: 1 caught: java.lang.NullPointerException: charset
Date Thu, 22 Feb 2018 15:26:24 GMT
You can try to specify beanio as a <bean> where you configure the
charset via <property> - then its a <bean> style where you specify the
FQN class name and all that stuff.
Then you should be able to setup the encoding as a java....Charset type.

The <bean> <property> stuff may be a bit cumbersome to get right, but
it ought to be possible.

Then you can refer to the bean via <marshal ref="xxx"/> where xxx is
the bean id.

The FQN class would be the beanio dataformat class you can find in the
camel-beanio JAR file.

On Thu, Feb 22, 2018 at 4:16 PM,  <> wrote:
> I tried all possible to set CamelCharsetName property/header/whatever
> manually, in hope it would be used by beanio, but it doesn't work.
> I even tried to convert body to ISO-8859-2, which is single byte character
> representation, but whatever I try, unmarshalling fixed length stream with
> beanio fails
> as soon as there are diacritic characters in a message, otherwise it is
> OK.
>         <route id="simple-route">
>             <from id="request-file" uri="
> file://C:/mqdocuments/?fileName=request.txt"/>
>             <log id="route-log-request" message="request: ${body}"/>
>             <setHeader headerName="CamelJmsDestinationName"
> id="_setHeader1">
>                 <constant>queue://QM_TEST/INPUTQ?targetClient=1</constant>
>             </setHeader>
>             <to id="_to1" pattern="InOut"
> uri="websphere:queue:SYSTEM.DEFAULT.LOCAL.QUEUE?useMessageIDAsCorrelationID=true&amp;replyTo=REPLYQ"/>
>             <log id="route-log-response" message="response body:
> ${body}"/>
>             <setHeader headerName="CamelCharsetName" id="_setHeader2">
>                 <constant>UTF-8</constant>
>             </setHeader>
>             <setProperty id="_setProperty1"
> propertyName="CamelCharsetName">
>                 <constant>UTF-8</constant>
>             </setProperty>
>             <!-- convertBodyTo charset="ISO-8859-2" id="_convertBodyTo1"
> type="java.lang.String"/-->
>             <!-- log id="route-log-response_CONVERTED" message="response
> body_CONVERTED: ${body}"/-->
>             <log id="route-log-response1" message="response
> header.CamelCharsetName: ${header.CamelCharsetName}"/>
>             <log id="route-log-response2" message="response
> property.CamelCharsetName: ${property.CamelCharsetName}"/>
>             <log id="route-log-response3" message="response
> ${}"/>
>             <unmarshal id="_unmarshal1" ref="some_bean_id"/>
>             <marshal id="_marshal1" ref="jack"/>
>             <log id="route-log-json" message="jackson: ${body}"/>
>         </route>
> This excludes everything but the first suggestion from the web as a
> possible solution with beanio, I may use something else, or get Red Hat
> support to utilize your fix.
> Hrvoje Đurđević
> Specijalist
> IT
> Raiffeisenbank Austria d.d.
> Magazinska cesta 69/2, 10000 Zagreb
> Tel. +385 1 4695 022
> Fax. +385 1 4604 907
> Mob. +385 98 416 032
> ______________________
> Napomena:
> Ova elektronička poruka i njeni prilozi mogu sadržavati povjerljive i/ili povlaštene
informacije, a namijenjena je isključivo za upotrebu naznačenog primatelja. Ako ste ovu
poruku primili greškom, molimo Vas da o tome bez odlaganja obavijestite pošiljatelja, da
uništite izvornu poruku i njene priloge i bez odlaganja poruku i njene priloge izbrišete
iz Vašeg sistema. Neovlaštena uporaba, distribucija, otkrivanje, umnožavanje ili izmjena
ove poruke je zabranjena. Raiffeisenbank Austria d.d. ne daje niti ne prihvaća pravno obvezujuće
izjave putem elektroničkih poruka osim ukoliko drugačije nije izričito navedeno. Budući
da komunikacija internetom nije zaštićena, Raiffeisenbank Austria d.d. ne prihvaća odgovornost
za sadržaj ove poruke, kao ni za eventualnu štetu nastalu zbog zaraženosti ove poruke virusom
ili drugim štetnim programom, te zbog eventualnih tehničkih problema prilikom dostave ove
> Disclaimer:
> This e-mail message and any attachment may contain confidental and/or privileged information
and is intended for use by the indicated addressee only. If you have received this message
in error, please notify the sender immediately, destroy the original message and any attachment
and delete this message and any attachment from your system. Unauthorized use, distribution,
disclosure, reproduction, or alteration of this e-mail message is forbidden. Raiffeisenbank
Austria d.d. neither makes nor accepts legally binding statements via e-mail unless otherwise
stated. Considering that internet communication is not secured, Raiffeisenbank Austria d.d.
is not responsible for the content of this message, for potential damage occured due to infection
of this message with a virus or other malicious program, and for potential technical problems
during delivery of this message.

Claus Ibsen
Camel in Action 2:

View raw message