camel-users mailing list archives

From Claus Ibsen <>
Subject Re: camel toD with replyTo in URI specifying IBM MQ queue manager
Date Tue, 27 Feb 2018 12:14:37 GMT

Thanks for the analysis. You can log a JIRA in the issue tracker
(there is a link from this page)

You are welcome to dive into the source code in camel-jms to see if
you can find where that normalization is and fix so it only prefix
with double slashes.

On Tue, Feb 27, 2018 at 12:18 PM, Paul Broughton Spida Solutions
<> wrote:
> Hi Claus, I am starting to think that perhaps this is a bug within the Camel JMS framework
(I could be wrong).
> What appears to be happening when it comes to the replyTo queue name is the Queue Name
value is “normalised” incorrectly. As I understand things, if the replyTo queue is specified
with a / (e.g. TESTQM/MyTestQ the queue should be defined with both the IBM MQ Queue manager
and the queue name so the jms queue name should look something like  "queue://TESTQM/MyTestQ”.
> This isn’t happening and the JMSQueue object is being created instead as queue:///TESTQM/MyTestQ
(Note the 3 “/“ after “queue:” as apposed to the correct 2 “/“ of the previous
> It seems its impossible to get the Camel JMS component to create a replyTo JMSQueue object
> What is interesting is that if no replyTo is specified and the temp replyTo model is
in use then the JMSQueue object is created perfectly , the queue name looks something like
this queue://TESTQM/AMQ6634864376 which is 100% correct.
> Hopefully I am making some sense here. If this is a bug as I suspect, how would I go
about raising that to the correct people?
> regards
> Paul
> On 26 Feb 2018, 12:25 +0000, Claus Ibsen <>, wrote:
>> Hi
>> I think there is some destination resolver spi you can configure on
>> the component/endpoint where you can add your java code to build the
>> queue name using the IBM MQ client api.
>> On Mon, Feb 26, 2018 at 12:42 PM, Paul Broughton Spida Solutions
>> <> wrote:
>> > Hi, I have a toD element in my route which sends to a jms Queue which is provided
by IBM MQ. I have the CamelJMSDestinationName set to the queue and a uri which looks similar
to the folowing
>> > wmq:queue:placeholder?preserveMessageQos=true&amp;replyTo=myQM/myTestQ&amp;exchangePattern=inOut&amp;replyToType=shared....
>> > according to my understanding of what I have read on the various forums on this
I would expect this to be translated into a replyTo Queue Manager and Queue combination that
MQ can understand. However, the data in replyTo is simply translated into a queue name that
contains a slash with no queue manager.
>> > Does anybody have any insights into how to go about setting the replyTo queue
manager on such a route? I have tried setting the JMSReplyTo value in the context header but
this just gets overridden by the URI value and if I dont have the URI value then camel assumes
a dynamic response queue (which ironically does have the queue manager details properly populated)
>> > thanks Paul
>> >
>> > Paul Broughton
>> > Spida Solutions
>> > London • Bath • UK