camel-users mailing list archives

From Ricardo Zanini <>
Subject A pilot for a new component: camel-wordpress
Date Tue, 23 Jan 2018 01:22:54 GMT
Hello guys!

I've been working on a small project to bring Apache Camel integration with
Wordpress. I'm very excited to work on this because both have a great and
open community. And are two projects that I really enjoy working with.

Wordpress is on 29% of the web [1], meaning that there are a lot of people
over there looking for integration with their systems, IMHO. I can think of
use cases like users synchronization with other data sources, automatic
post, migrations, reports creations and so on. Although where it could be
really shine is on e-commerce web sites built on top of Wordpress [3].
Camel could integrate the e-commerce platform with a CRM or an ERP, for
example. Anyway, I think this component may see many uses.

I'm writing all of this because my intention is to take feedback before
going forward and put effort into something that doesn't really need to.
I've "released" a pilot in my Github [2] to take community feedback and let
people try it.

This first version is pretty small and I've implemented posts and users API
with Basic Authentication. Obviously there's a lot of room for improvement
and you may face some issues that I will correct as soon as it raises.
Contributions are VERY welcome.

I have built this new component and I'm looking for feedback. My real
intention is to send a PR to the official camel repo, but I'm not familiar
with the process for accepting a new component nor how mature it need to be
to be accepted.

Depending on the component acceptance I'll work to raise it's mature level,
otherwise I'll continue to help the community with JIRA PRs, StackOverflow
answers and docs. I really wish to get involved.

Thank you!

[1] -
[2] -
[3] -