camel-users mailing list archives

From Andrea Cosentino <>
Subject Re: AW: Camel JMS transferExchange=true Exception
Date Mon, 15 Jan 2018 12:56:29 GMT
The official documentation now is in the Camel repo. As you may see from the link posted by

We are in the process of migrating the whole documentation in .adoc and the site is no longer
aligned, we are working on a new site.

Andrea Cosentino
Apache Camel PMC Member
Apache Karaf Committer
Apache Servicemix PMC Member
Twitter: @oscerd2
Github: oscerd

On Monday, January 15, 2018, 1:54:26 PM GMT+1, Leber, Thomas <>

Hi Claus,

Ok thanks for this. I'll try to append whatever I found to the documentation.

One thing,  since some time I encounter some rendering problems of snippets on the camel
Is this a known problem?

-----Ursprüngliche Nachricht-----
Von: Claus Ibsen []
Gesendet: Montag, 15. Jänner 2018 10:56
Betreff: Re: Camel JMS transferExchange=true Exception

Its an Apache ActiveMQ setting (not Camel specific) that do not allow java serialized objects
by default, and you need to configure it with the approved classes/packages.

If you want to help improve the docs at Apache Camel, then you can submit a PR with doc updates
on this file

And how to contribute to Camel is here

On Mon, Jan 15, 2018 at 10:34 AM, Leber, Thomas <> wrote:
> Hi,
> I'm sending in an onException clause the exchange to another camel route via JMS.
> In order to handle the error, the idea was to use transferExchange=true, since the documentations
states the exchange exception is transferred as well.
> Unfortunately I get this error in the JMS listener:
> ----------------------------------
> Execution of JMS message listener failed. Caused by: [org.apache.camel.RuntimeCamelException
- Failed to extract body due to: javax.jms.JMSException: Failed to build body from content.
Serializable class not available to broker. Reason: java.lang.ClassNotFoundException: Forbidden
class org.apache.camel.impl.DefaultExchangeHolder! This class is not trusted to be serialized
as ObjectMessage payload. Please take a look at
for more information on how to configure trusted classes..
> ----------------------------------
> I found out that there is a way to configure the security settings on the AMQ, but I
was surprised that this is not mentioned somewhere.
> Did anybody else encounter this problem?
> Camel 2.17.0
> AMQ 5.11.0
> Regards,
> Thomas Leber