camel-users mailing list archives

From <christian.ja...@innogy.com>
Subject AW: Camel Stream caching seems not to delete the temporary files
Date Mon, 20 Nov 2017 18:24:04 GMT
Okay, one addition: the files on java.io.tempdir are emptied after a while, but they still
are there.

-----Urspr√ľngliche Nachricht-----
Von: christian.jacob@innogy.com [mailto:christian.jacob@innogy.com]
Gesendet: Montag, 20. November 2017 19:22
An: users@camel.apache.org
Betreff: Camel Stream caching seems not to delete the temporary files

Hi there,

I have to download pretty large files (> 200 MB) from a remote server via http and process
them with a very specific library. This library relies on using files and not streams, so
I have a route looking like

from (...)
.toD("${body}")
.to("file:" + tempDirectoryName)

In the body, I had constructed the URI to the file to be downloaded. I quickly ran into memory
leaks, so I changed the code to from(...=
.toD("${body}")
.streamCaching()
.to("file:" + tempDirectoryName)

This helped with the memory leak because now the data are written twice on my disk: one to
the temporary directory name that I had intended and one in the java.io.tempdir directory.
The documentation on Camel Stream-caching states "Camel itself will handle deleting the temporary
file once the cached stream is no longer necessary." But I can't see that happen. The large
files remain where they are. Any ideas what went wrong?

Kind regards,
Christian Jacob

Innogy SE
Retail IT
Integration and Digital Solutions (AFS-IGI) Rellinghauser Str. 37
45128 Essen
T intern: 70-20581
T extern: +49 (0)201 12 20582
T mobil: +49 (0)1622843981
Fax: +49 (0)201 12 24796
mailto: christian.jacob@innogy.com

innogy SE Vorsitzender des Aufsichtsrates: Dr. Werner Brandt
Vorstand: Peter Terium (Vorsitzender), Dr. Hans Buenting, Dr. Bernhard Guenther, Martin Herrmann,
Hildegard Mueller, Uwe Tigges Sitz der Gesellschaft: Essen, Eingetragen beim Amtsgericht Essen,
Handelsregister-Nr. HRB 27091, USt-IdNr. DE304171711