camel-users mailing list archives

From Rajpal Paryani <rajpalpary...@gmail.com>
Subject If-Modified-Since header causing 500 errors with Camel 2.18.4
Date Mon, 06 Nov 2017 22:12:53 GMT
Hi,

We have recently switched to Apache Camel 2.18.4 in our web service from
the older version 2.11.1. We use camel for routing our http calls to
underlying sub services so that the responsibilities are separated.

One of our services has a CDN infront of the camel endpoint, so it
frequently sends the Web requests (GET) with "if-modified-since=<Timestamp>"
(for e.g. -> "if-modified-since=Sun, 29 Oct 2017 16:51:56 GMT" ). and the
underlying service responds with a 304 status code.

Now when it gets to Camel , it then converts to a 500 response. with the
below stack trace exception

[http-nio-8080-exec-1528] ERROR
org.apache.camel.component.servlet.CamelHttpTransportServlet
- Error processing request
org.apache.camel.RuntimeCamelException: java.io.IOException: Stream closed
at org.apache.camel.http.common.HttpMessage.createBody(HttpMessage.java:74)
at org.apache.camel.impl.MessageSupport.getBody(MessageSupport.java:47)
at org.apache.camel.http.common.DefaultHttpBinding.doWriteResponse(
DefaultHttpBinding.java:386)
at org.apache.camel.http.common.DefaultHttpBinding.writeResponse(
DefaultHttpBinding.java:322)

<<truncated exception stacktrace .. please let me know if you need the
complete stacktrace>>

The same requests works just fine with Camel 2.11.1

Thanks,
Raj