camel-users mailing list archives

From Claus Ibsen <claus.ib...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: routes blocking camel startup
Date Mon, 23 Oct 2017 13:10:23 GMT
Camel 2.20 has a new route controller that can start routes in
parallel and asynchronous and have retries etc. As its new we marked
it experimental as we may refine the api and implementation over the
next couple of releases.

Its intended to be the default way for Camel 3.0.

On Mon, Oct 23, 2017 at 11:29 AM, Orbaan, Hans
<Hans.Orbaan@ingrammicro.com> wrote:
> Hello,
>
> During application startup we create a lot of routes of which some endpoints (ftp, sftp
and ftps, etc) can be offline. This can be quite blocking because of connection timeouts and
reconnect attempts. Currently this is 3x 45000ms. What I am looking for is a way to start
multiple routes simultaneous, or make it less blocking. Camel 2.17.4 is used.
> Because of the endpoint autoCreate it will try to create a connection immediately during
startup. We would rather not disable that option, also the timeout and attempts are fine during
normal operations, but not during startup. Wouldn't that logic be better off with the first
poll?

> Because of all the synchronized methods in the DefaultCamelContext we have found it difficult
to start multiple routes simultaneous. Is there anyone with an idea about starting the application
faster? We already tried autoStartup=false and then manually starting them but our issue stays
the same.
> Here is a stacktrace:

>         at java.net.AbstractPlainSocketImpl.doConnect(AbstractPlainSocketImpl.java:350)
>         at java.net.AbstractPlainSocketImpl.connectToAddress(AbstractPlainSocketImpl.java:206)
>         at java.net.AbstractPlainSocketImpl.connect(AbstractPlainSocketImpl.java:188)
>         at java.net.SocksSocketImpl.connect(SocksSocketImpl.java:392)
>         at java.net.Socket.connect(Socket.java:589)
>         at org.apache.commons.net.SocketClient.connect(SocketClient.java:182)
>         at org.apache.commons.net.SocketClient.connect(SocketClient.java:203)
>         at org.apache.camel.component.file.remote.FtpOperations.connect(FtpOperations.java:96)
>         at org.apache.camel.component.file.remote.RemoteFileConsumer.connectIfNecessary(RemoteFileConsumer.java:203)
>         at org.apache.camel.component.file.remote.FtpConsumer.doStart(FtpConsumer.java:55)
>         at org.apache.camel.support.ServiceSupport.start(ServiceSupport.java:61)
>         at org.apache.camel.impl.DefaultCamelContext.startService(DefaultCamelContext.java:3275)
>         at org.apache.camel.impl.DefaultCamelContext.doStartOrResumeRouteConsumers(DefaultCamelContext.java:3569)
>         at org.apache.camel.impl.DefaultCamelContext.doStartRouteConsumers(DefaultCamelContext.java:3505)
>         at org.apache.camel.impl.DefaultCamelContext.safelyStartRouteServices(DefaultCamelContext.java:3435)
>         at org.apache.camel.impl.DefaultCamelContext.safelyStartRouteServices(DefaultCamelContext.java:3448)
>         at org.apache.camel.impl.DefaultCamelContext.startRouteService(DefaultCamelContext.java:3325)
>         at org.apache.camel.impl.DefaultCamelContext.startRoute(DefaultCamelContext.java:976)
>         at org.apache.camel.impl.DefaultCamelContext.startRouteDefinitions(DefaultCamelContext.java:3301)
>         at org.apache.camel.impl.DefaultCamelContext.addRouteDefinitions(DefaultCamelContext.java:908)
>         at org.apache.camel.impl.DefaultCamelContext.addRouteDefinition(DefaultCamelContext.java:913)
>

> This E-mail is for the sole use of the intended recipient and may contain confidential
and/or privileged material. Any reading, review, reliance, distribution, printing or storage
of this E-mail by others than the intended recipient is strictly prohibited without the express
permission of the sender. If you are not the intended recipient, please contact the sender
immediately and delete all copies from your mailbox and other archives.

--
Claus Ibsen