camel-users mailing list archives

From Claus Ibsen <>
Subject Re: activemq component osgi classnotfound platformtransacitonmanager
Date Mon, 25 Sep 2017 08:39:15 GMT

When using OSGi then its recommended to use camel-blueprint to setup
Camel with OSGi. There is a bunch of stuff you otherwise need to do
yourself if you dont do that.

Take a look at some of the osgi and blueprint examples from Apache Camel.

There is also external examples from JBoss Fuse on using transactions such as

And also the transaction chapter in the Camel in Action 2nd edition
book has that with OSGi.

On Mon, Sep 25, 2017 at 1:03 AM, Matthew Shaw
<> wrote:
> Getting a class not found PlatformTransactionManager when trying to configure activemq
component with latest karaf, here is my config:
>         ConnectionFactory connectionFactory = new ActiveMQConnectionFactory(System.getProperty(""));
> //        camelContext.addComponent("mtaactivemq", JmsComponent.jmsComponentAutoAcknowledge(connectionFactory));
>         PooledConnectionFactory mqConnPool = new PooledConnectionFactory();
>         mqConnPool.setConnectionFactory(connectionFactory);
>         mqConnPool.setMaxConnections(10);
>         ActiveMQComponent mqComponent = new ActiveMQComponent();
>         mqComponent.setConnectionFactory(mqConnPool);
>         mqComponent.setUsePooledConnection(true);
>         mqComponent.setTransacted(false);
>         JmsTransactionManager transactionManager = new JmsTransactionManager(mqConnPool);
>         SimpleRegistry simpleRegistry = (SimpleRegistry) camelContext.getRegistry();
>         simpleRegistry.put("transactionManager", transactionManager);
>         camelContext.addComponent("mtaactivemq", mqComponent);
> The spring-tx is on the karaf classpath:
> 206
> Apache ServiceMix :: Bundles :: spring-txorg.apache.servicemix.bundles.spring-tx<http://localhost:8181/system/console/bundles/206>
> 4.3.10.RELEASE_1
> Active
> What am I missing here?
> Cheers,
> Matt.
> This email, including any attachments sent with it, is confidential and for the sole
use of the intended recipient(s). This confidentiality is not waived or lost, if you receive
it and you are not the intended recipient(s), or if it is transmitted/received in error.
> Any unauthorised use, alteration, disclosure, distribution or review of this email is
strictly prohibited. The information contained in this email, including any attachment sent
with it, may be subject to a statutory duty of confidentiality if it relates to health service
> If you are not the intended recipient(s), or if you have received this email in error,
you are asked to immediately notify the sender. You should also delete this email, and any
copies, from your computer system network and destroy any hard copies produced.
> If not an intended recipient of this email, you must not copy, distribute or take any
action(s) that relies on it; any form of disclosure, modification, distribution and/or publication
of this email is also prohibited.
> Although the Queensland Ambulance Service takes all reasonable steps to ensure this email
does not contain malicious software, the Queensland Ambulance Service does not accept responsibility
for the consequences if any person's computer inadvertently suffers any disruption to services,
loss of information, harm or is infected with a virus, other malicious computer programme
or code that may occur as a consequence of receiving this email.
> Unless stated otherwise, this email represents only the views of the sender and not the
views of the Queensland Government.
> The content presented in this publication is distributed by the Queensland Government
as an information source only. The State of Queensland makes no statements, representations
or warranties about the accuracy, completeness or reliability of any information contained
in this publication. The State of Queensland disclaims all responsibility and all liability
(including without limitation for liability in negligence) for all expenses, losses, damages
and costs you might incur as a result of the information being inaccurate or incomplete in
any way, and for any reason reliance was placed on such information.

Claus Ibsen
Camel in Action 2:

View raw message