camel-users mailing list archives

From Claus Ibsen <claus.ib...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: activemq component osgi classnotfound platformtransacitonmanager
Date Mon, 25 Sep 2017 14:46:49 GMT
On Mon, Sep 25, 2017 at 2:27 PM, Matthew Shaw
<Matthew.Shaw@ambulance.qld.gov.au> wrote:
> I understand, but I have a lot of other components I am working with / deploying that
are not blueprint, just DS, I'm trying to be consistent in my approach. May I ask why you're
insistent that I use blueprint? I use many other camel components with DS without issue. It's
just the activemq component that is causing me problems.

Well you have a classloading issue in OSGi and that is always complex.
You have not really shown much details so nobody can really help you.
And as said when you do stuff on your own, you have a much higher
chance of getting in trouble with osgi.

Transactions on OSGi is even more complex than the usual things you can do.

You can find some bullets here with good points when asking for help
http://camel.apache.org/support.html

yourself, and rely on camel-blueprint. Setup your <camelContext> there and the spring
transaction manager and activemq components et all.

> If you want to use Camel routes in Java, then do so, and you can hook them up from the
blueprint xml file.

> On Mon, Sep 25, 2017 at 2:16 PM, Matthew Shaw <Matthew.Shaw@ambulance.qld.gov.au>
wrote:
>> Hi Claus,
>>
>> I've bought your book and looked at the examples, but I'm still not understanding
why I am getting this error. My code below appears to be correct in everything I'm reading,
can you offer any further insight please?

>> Cheers,
>> Matt.

There is a bunch of stuff you otherwise need to do yourself if you dont do that.

>> Take a look at some of the osgi and blueprint examples from Apache Camel.
>>
>> There is also external examples from JBoss Fuse on using transactions
>> https://github.com/FuseByExample such as
>> https://github.com/FuseByExample/camel-persistence-part1
>>
>> And also the transaction chapter in the Camel in Action 2nd edition book has that
with OSGi.
>> https://www.manning.com/books/camel-in-action-second-edition
>>

>> On Mon, Sep 25, 2017 at 1:03 AM, Matthew Shaw <Matthew.Shaw@ambulance.qld.gov.au>
wrote:
>>> Getting a class not found PlatformTransactionManager when trying to configure
activemq component with latest karaf, here is my config:

>>>         ConnectionFactory connectionFactory = new ActiveMQConnectionFactory(System.getProperty("activemq.broker.url"));
>>> //        camelContext.addComponent("mtaactivemq", JmsComponent.jmsComponentAutoAcknowledge(connectionFactory));
>>>

>>>         PooledConnectionFactory mqConnPool = new PooledConnectionFactory();
>>>         mqConnPool.setConnectionFactory(connectionFactory);
>>>         mqConnPool.setMaxConnections(10);
>>>         ActiveMQComponent mqComponent = new ActiveMQComponent();
>>>         mqComponent.setConnectionFactory(mqConnPool);
>>>         mqComponent.setUsePooledConnection(true);
>>>         mqComponent.setTransacted(false);
>>>         JmsTransactionManager transactionManager = new JmsTransactionManager(mqConnPool);
>>>         SimpleRegistry simpleRegistry = (SimpleRegistry) camelContext.getRegistry();
>>>         simpleRegistry.put("transactionManager", transactionManager);
>>>         camelContext.addComponent("mtaactivemq", mqComponent);
>>>

>>> The spring-tx is on the karaf classpath:
>>> 206
>>>

>>> Apache ServiceMix :: Bundles ::
>>> spring-txorg.apache.servicemix.bundles.spring-tx<http://localhost:818
>>> 1
>>> /system/console/bundles/206>
>>>
>>> 4.3.10.RELEASE_1
>>>
>>> Active
>>>

>>> What am I missing here?
>>>
>>> Cheers,
>>> Matt.
>>> This email, including any attachments sent with it, is confidential and for the
sole use of the intended recipient(s). This confidentiality is not waived or lost, if you
receive it and you are not the intended recipient(s), or if it is transmitted/received in
error.

>>> Any unauthorised use, alteration, disclosure, distribution or review of this
email is strictly prohibited. The information contained in this email, including any attachment
sent with it, may be subject to a statutory duty of confidentiality if it relates to health
service matters.

>>> If you are not the intended recipient(s), or if you have received this email
in error, you are asked to immediately notify the sender. You should also delete this email,
and any copies, from your computer system network and destroy any hard copies produced.

>>> If not an intended recipient of this email, you must not copy, distribute or
take any action(s) that relies on it; any form of disclosure, modification, distribution and/or
publication of this email is also prohibited.

>>> Although the Queensland Ambulance Service takes all reasonable steps to ensure
this email does not contain malicious software, the Queensland Ambulance Service does not
accept responsibility for the consequences if any person's computer inadvertently suffers
any disruption to services, loss of information, harm or is infected with a virus, other malicious
computer programme or code that may occur as a consequence of receiving this email.

>>> Unless stated otherwise, this email represents only the views of the sender and
not the views of the Queensland Government.

>>> *********************************************************************
>>> *
>>>
>>> The content presented in this publication is distributed by the Queensland Government
as an information source only. The State of Queensland makes no statements, representations
or warranties about the accuracy, completeness or reliability of any information contained
in this publication. The State of Queensland disclaims all responsibility and all liability
(including without limitation for liability in negligence) for all expenses, losses, damages
and costs you might incur as a result of the information being inaccurate or incomplete in
any way, and for any reason reliance was placed on such information.

http://davsclaus.com @davsclaus