camel-users mailing list archives

From Claus Ibsen <claus.ib...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: http get stream results
Date Thu, 14 Sep 2017 07:03:22 GMT
Hi

You can get access to the http request / http response objects in some
of the camel components that are servlet api based and via that you
can via java code write to that response yourself.

Your use-case may be something where a regular Camel route is not
always the ideal as a only solution. But in what you do you can always
use Camel from Java code and call Camel components/endpoints and when
you have a response write that to the response stream yourself.

Also a framework like vert.x is very good for this kind of web / async
/ streaming stuff.
http://vertx.io/

And there is a camel-vertx component

And we coverage of using vertx and Camel in the Camel in Action 2nd
edition book in chapter 20.

And there is also web-socket protocol which is a bit better for
sending messages to http clients than a regular HTTP 1.1
request/response

--
Claus Ibsen