camel-users mailing list archives

From Matthew Shaw <>
Subject deploying cxf webservice via camel into karaf 4.1.1
Date Thu, 24 Aug 2017 03:10:28 GMT
Hi All,

Using karaf 4.1.1 which ships with cxf 3.x as a feature. I've installed features and CXF is
running fine. However, I have a bundle which is depending on camel2.19.1 (feature also installed
in karaf), which is declaring a route with a web service.

My bundle installs fine and is active and I can browse to http://localhost:8181/cxf/ and see
my service registered and ready, also in karaf log.

However, when I try and browse the wsdl I receive a class loading issue as per the following

Caused by: java.lang.RuntimeException: Provider for class
cannot be created
        ... 48 more
Caused by: java.util.ServiceConfigurationError: Provider
com.ctc.wstx.stax.WstxOutputFactory not found
        at java.util.ServiceLoader.access$300(
        at java.util.ServiceLoader$LazyIterator.nextService(
        at java.util.ServiceLoader$
        at java.util.ServiceLoader$
        at Method)

Is this a classloading problem from within the cxf feature that ships with karaf? It appears
to me that perhaps cxf is using a thread based classloader? I can't see how my bundle could
be influencing this issue. Any ideas are welcome.

This email, including any attachments sent with it, is confidential and for the sole use of
the intended recipient(s). This confidentiality is not waived or lost, if you receive it and
you are not the intended recipient(s), or if it is transmitted/received in error.

Any unauthorised use, alteration, disclosure, distribution or review of this email is strictly
prohibited. The information contained in this email, including any attachment sent with it,
may be subject to a statutory duty of confidentiality if it relates to health service matters.

If you are not the intended recipient(s), or if you have received this email in error, you
are asked to immediately notify the sender. You should also delete this email, and any copies,
from your computer system network and destroy any hard copies produced.

If not an intended recipient of this email, you must not copy, distribute or take any action(s)
that relies on it; any form of disclosure, modification, distribution and/or publication of
this email is also prohibited.

Although the Queensland Ambulance Service takes all reasonable steps to ensure this email
does not contain malicious software, the Queensland Ambulance Service does not accept responsibility
for the consequences if any person's computer inadvertently suffers any disruption to services,
loss of information, harm or is infected with a virus, other malicious computer programme
or code that may occur as a consequence of receiving this email.

Unless stated otherwise, this email represents only the views of the sender and not the views
of the Queensland Government.

The content presented in this publication is distributed by the Queensland Government as an
information source only. The State of Queensland makes no statements, representations or warranties
about the accuracy, completeness or reliability of any information contained in this publication.
The State of Queensland disclaims all responsibility and all liability (including without
limitation for liability in negligence) for all expenses, losses, damages and costs you might
incur as a result of the information being inaccurate or incomplete in any way, and for any
reason reliance was placed on such information.