camel-users mailing list archives

From MLVJ <>
Subject Content Based Routing Feasibility Q
Date Thu, 31 Aug 2017 08:25:57 GMT
I have a problem, and I think that Camel can solve it, but I would like to be sure!
What I want to do is to write a generic handler, to catch web service requests, look in the
header, at the "USER", then identify a preferred destination for that user according to a
regularly-refreshed cache, and if that preferred site is available, route there, and if that
preferred site is not available, route to the other site.
I have downloaded Camel, and have been trying to find an example which is close to what I
want to do - but have not identified one yet.
Most of the examples bind to a specific web service schema - I don't want to do that if I
can help it, because I have about 600 web services that I want to get in the way of, and route
to my alternate sites.
I think I want to do something like this as a starter, to route from a new listener to a target,
and then start adding things to check against my cache - this complains with "No component
found with scheme: http", so it clearly is not correct.

Is there a good relevant starting point?