camel-users mailing list archives

From Chris Snow <chsnow...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Camel Kafka SASL plain with broker list rather than zookeeper
Date Sun, 20 Aug 2017 08:33:12 GMT
Thanks Zoran, from the documentation it appears that I need to pass the
parameters:

brokers=kafka01-prod01.messagehub.services.eu-de.bluemix.net:9093kafka02-prod01.messagehub.services.eu-de.bluemix.net:9093
saslMechanism=PLAIN
securityProtocol=SASL_SSL
sslProtocol=TLSv1.2
sslEnabledProtocols=TLSv1.2
sslEndpointAlgorithm=HTTPS

Strangely, there isn't a comma separating the brokers in the documentation.
I'm not sure if that is a documentation bug?

Also, I'm still not clear how to set the username and password.  In my
producer properties, I would use:

sasl.jaas.config=org.apache.kafka.common.security.plain.PlainLoginModule
required username="USERNAME" password="PASSWORD";

See here for a producer.properties sample:
https://github.com/ibm-messaging/message-hub-samples/blob/master/kafka-java-console-sample/resources/producer.properties