camel-users mailing list archives

From Claus Ibsen <claus.ib...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: camel route to remote EJB using karaf blueprint
Date Sun, 09 Jul 2017 07:25:46 GMT
Hi

I think you are going on a path where nobody really goes - calling
remote EJBs (... from OSGi).
Then classloading is much more problematic to setup. You would need to
install the WebLogic EJB client and also make sure to have all the
right package imports in your application bundle etc.

I really don't recommend using remote EJB calls, you end up with a
tight coupling on Java, Java serialization etc. Are you not able to
use another protocol in the communication to WebLogic?

If you really must, then try first to get a non OSGi example / unit
test etc up and running so you at least know that this part works.
Then its "fighting" the OSGi classloading and get all that sorted.

On Fri, Jul 7, 2017 at 3:51 AM, Matthew Shaw
<Matthew.Shaw@ambulance.qld.gov.au> wrote:
> As an addendum, I think the issue maybe that using jndi and the weblogic initial context
is outside the camel context, but the way I am invoking it. Which in turn, will be trying
to load the same classes required again, through a completely separate class loader?

going which consumes a remote service on an EJB2 container in weblogic 10.3. I keep getting
class versioning issues between my client and the server.I have the exact same versions of
the server jars in karaf as bundles and I import them through my manifest.  My bundle installs
ok into karaf with a state of "Active" and the camel routes start up. I'm a newbie in the
osgi, camel world.

> [...]
> omg.CORBA,org.omg.CORBA.portable,org.omg.CORBA_2_3,org.omg.CORBA_2_3.po
> rtable
> Require-Capability: osgi.ee;filter:="(&(osgi.ee=JavaSE)(version=1.8))"
> Tool: Bnd-3.3.0.201609221906
>
> My route builder impl class:
>

> public class eTimesheetMediation extends RouteBuilder {
>
>     Logger logger = LoggerFactory.getLogger(eTimesheetMediation.class);
>
>     @BeanInject("eTimesheetEJB2Bean")
>     eTimesheetEJB2Bean eTimesheetEJB2Bean;
>
>     @Override
>     public void configure() throws Exception {
>
>         restConfiguration().component("restlet").host("localhost").port(8095).bindingMode(RestBindingMode.json);
>
>         rest("/services/legacywrapper/etimesheet")
>                 .post()
>                 .consumes(MediaType.APPLICATION_JSON.getName())
>                 .type(ETimesheetRequest.class)
>                 .to("direct:extractTimesheetId");
>
>         from("direct:extractTimesheetId")
>                 .process(new Processor() {
>                     @Override
>                     public void process(Exchange exchange) throws Exception {
>                         ETimesheetRequest eTimesheetRequest = exchange.getIn().getBody(ETimesheetRequest.class);
>                         exchange.getIn().setBody(eTimesheetRequest.getTimesheetId());
>                     }
>                 })
>                 .to("direct:etimesheetGet");
>

>         from("direct:etimesheetGet")
>                 .doTry()
>                     .bean(eTimesheetEJB2Bean, "mediate")
>                     .log(LoggingLevel.INFO,"Timesheet successfully transformed")
>                     .convertBodyTo(String.class, "UTF-8")
>                 .doCatch(Exception.class)
>                     .log(LoggingLevel.ERROR ,exceptionMessage().toString())
>                     .throwException(new RuntimeException(exceptionMessage().toString()))
>                 .endDoTry();
>

>     }
> }
>

> My ejb client code / bean:
>

> public class eTimesheetEJB2Bean {
>
>     public String mediate(Integer eTimesheetId) {
>
>         Hashtable env = new Hashtable();
>         env.put(Context.INITIAL_CONTEXT_FACTORY, "weblogic.jndi.WLInitialContextFactory");
>         env.put(Context.PROVIDER_URL, "t3://poldesaps02:5013");
>         env.put(Context.SECURITY_PRINCIPAL, "testuser4");
>         env.put(Context.SECURITY_CREDENTIALS, "passw0rd");
>
>         Context ic = null;
>
>         try {
>             ic = new InitialContext(env);
>         }catch (NamingException e) {
>             throw new RuntimeException(e);
>         }
>
>         return marshallTimesheetToJSON(ic ,getTimesheet(ic, eTimesheetId));
>
>     }
>

>     public TimesheetTransferObject getTimesheet (Context ic, Integer eTimesheetId) {
>         Object homeObject = null;
>
>         try {
>             homeObject = ic.lookup(TimesheetSessionFacadeHome.JNDI_NAME);
>         } catch (NamingException e) {
>             throw new RuntimeException(e);
>         }
>
>         TimesheetSessionFacadeHome home = (TimesheetSessionFacadeHome) PortableRemoteObject.narrow(homeObject,
TimesheetSessionFacadeHome.class);

>         TimesheetSessionFacade remote = null;
>         try {
>             remote = (TimesheetSessionFacade) PortableRemoteObject.narrow(home.create(),
TimesheetSessionFacade.class);

{

>         String xml = "";
>         ByteArrayOutputStream baos = new ByteArrayOutputStream();
>
>         try {
>             JAXBContext jc = JAXBContext.newInstance(String.class, TimesheetTransferObject.class);
>             JAXBIntrospector introspector = jc.createJAXBIntrospector();
>             Marshaller marshaller = jc.createMarshaller();
>             marshaller.setProperty(Marshaller.JAXB_FRAGMENT, true);
>             marshaller.setProperty(Marshaller.JAXB_FORMATTED_OUTPUT, true);
>             if (null == introspector.getElementName(timesheet)) {
>                 JAXBElement jaxbElement = new JAXBElement(new QName("http://services.ambulance.qld.gov.au/data/services/corporate/hri/timeandattendance",
"Timesheet", "ta"), timesheet.getClass(), timesheet);

{

>         try {
>             ObjectMapper objectMapper = new ObjectMapper();
>             objectMapper.setSerializationInclusion(JsonInclude.Include.NON_NULL);
>             objectMapper.addMixIn(MealBrokenTransferObject.class, MealBrokenTransferObjectMixIn.class);
>             objectMapper.addMixIn(ShiftTransferObject.class, ShiftTransferObjectMixIn.class);
>             objectMapper.addMixIn(TimesheetTransferObject.class, TimesheetTransferObjectMixIn.class);
>             objectMapper.addMixIn(CallOutTransferObject.class, CalloutTransferObjectMixIn.class);
>             objectMapper.addMixIn(CallOutCaseTransferObject.class, CallOutCaseTransferObjectMixIn.class);
>             objectMapper.addMixIn(AllowanceTransferObject.class, AllowanceTransferObjectMixIn.class);
>             return objectMapper.writeValueAsString(timesheet);
>         } catch (Exception e) {
>             throw new RuntimeException(e);
>         }
>
>     }
>
> }
>

> Any help / insight would be really appreciated.
>
> Cheers,
> Matt.
>

> This email, including any attachments sent with it, is confidential and for the sole
use of the intended recipient(s). This confidentiality is not waived or lost, if you receive
it and you are not the intended recipient(s), or if it is transmitted/received in error.

> Any unauthorised use, alteration, disclosure, distribution or review of this email is
strictly prohibited. The information contained in this email, including any attachment sent
with it, may be subject to a statutory duty of confidentiality if it relates to health service
matters.

> If you are not the intended recipient(s), or if you have received this email in error,
you are asked to immediately notify the sender. You should also delete this email, and any
copies, from your computer system network and destroy any hard copies produced.

> If not an intended recipient of this email, you must not copy, distribute or take any
action(s) that relies on it; any form of disclosure, modification, distribution and/or publication
of this email is also prohibited.

> Although the Queensland Ambulance Service takes all reasonable steps to ensure this email
does not contain malicious software, the Queensland Ambulance Service does not accept responsibility
for the consequences if any person's computer inadvertently suffers any disruption to services,
loss of information, harm or is infected with a virus, other malicious computer programme
or code that may occur as a consequence of receiving this email.

> Unless stated otherwise, this email represents only the views of the sender and not the
views of the Queensland Government.

> The content presented in this publication is distributed by the Queensland Government
as an information source only. The State of Queensland makes no statements, representations
or warranties about the accuracy, completeness or reliability of any information contained
in this publication. The State of Queensland disclaims all responsibility and all liability
(including without limitation for liability in negligence) for all expenses, losses, damages
and costs you might incur as a result of the information being inaccurate or incomplete in
any way, and for any reason reliance was placed on such information.

--
Claus Ibsen