camel-users mailing list archives

From basis42 <ma...@basis42.de>
Subject AmazonSQSBufferedAsyncClient doesn't batch messages
Date Mon, 10 Jul 2017 12:58:52 GMT
Hello List,

I'm trying to use the AmazonSQSBufferedAsyncClient to send out batched
messages to the queue.

My Config of the Client:
    <bean name="sqsBufferedConfig"
class="com.amazonaws.services.sqs.buffered.QueueBufferConfig">
        <property name="maxBatchOpenMs" value="5000"/>
    </bean>
    <bean name="sqsBufferedClient"
class="com.amazonaws.services.sqs.buffered.AmazonSQSBufferedAsyncClient">
        <constructor-arg ref="sqsClient"/>
        <constructor-arg ref="sqsBufferedConfig"/>
    </bean>

and the context I'm using the client in:
            <split>
                <xpath>//orderId/text()</xpath>
uri="aws-sqs://my_queue?amazonSQSClient=#sqsBufferedClient" />
            </split>

My expectation is that the client batches all requests coming in within 5
seconds and sending them in one batch then. What acually happens ist that
the client receives the first message, waits 5 seconds(waiting for more
messages to come, which obviously don't come in) and sends out the batch
then with the size of 1.