camel-users mailing list archives

From Quinn Stevenson <>
Subject Re: Good / Adviced way to poll an entire folder at scheduled moment
Date Thu, 11 May 2017 14:14:49 GMT
I’ve done this with a combination of a ScheduledRoutePolicy (to start the route when I want
to start reading the directory) and a call to the control bus when all the files have been
processed.  I use the “sendEmptyMessageWhenIdle” option on the file component to detect
when it’s done.

> On May 8, 2017, at 8:49 AM, Jonathan Schoreels <> wrote:
> Hi.
> I would like to know, in your experience, what's the best way to poll an
> entire folder/remote folder, at an regular interval ?
> It could seems quite easy, since the the file consumer can be used as a
> batch consumer, that a scheduler can be used with it, but I have some
> limitation each time :
> 1. Batch consumer : How to set a "good maxMessagePerPoll" ? If I hardcode
> it, and poll those messages each day, I'm not future proof if more file
> comes.
> 2. poll enrich only poll one at a time. So if I need to poll ALL the folder
> each day, it doesn't help me.
> 3. having to start/stop routes with controle bus seems lot of
> tweaks/hacking just to design a simple flow.
> Have you any suggestion ?
> Jonathan

View raw message