camel-users mailing list archives

From Claus Ibsen <claus.ib...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Camel Live Reload of XML routes when using routeContextRef's
Date Sat, 13 May 2017 07:36:32 GMT
Hi

I suggest you take a look at the existing code and see if anything
needs to be changed/improve to make it work for you. Then you can
provide a patch as github PR and log a JIRA. Then we can get this in
the next 2.19.1 release.

On Fri, May 12, 2017 at 7:54 PM, Ronny Aerts <ronny.aerts@intris.be> wrote:
> Hello Claus,
>
> Thank you for your quick answer.
>
> I looked into FileWatcherReloadStrategy and ReloadStrategySupport (onReloadXml) and it
should be possible for me to extend it to reload routecontext's. The remaining point is how
to connect the extended code to the camelcontext just by using xml only (since we never use
java to start the camelcontext).

> --
> vriendelijke groeten,
> Ronny Aerts – Intris nv – Wapenstilstandlaan 47, 2600 Berchem, België
> Product Owner Integrations / Integrations Manager
> Prince II certified – ITIL certified

which woke my interest (since we only use xml routes and no java at all). I tried it by specifying
the fileWatcherDirectory in my pom.xml (in the camel-maven-plugin configuration) and it worked
fine for me. I ran it from within eclipse.

>> The point is that our camelcontext only holds routeContextRef entries and no real
routes. I tried again by specifying the location src/main/resources (where the routecontext
files are) but this does not seem to work, no updates are seen. Are there any auto update
possibilities when using routecontext files?

>> I did see how I can set any ReloadStrategy on the CamelContext in xml.
>>
>> --
>> vriendelijke groeten,
>> Ronny Aerts<mailto:ronny.aerts@intris.be> - Intris nv -
>> Wapenstilstandlaan 47, 2600 Berchem, België Product Owner Integrations
>> / Integrations Manager Prince II<http://nl.wikipedia.org/wiki/PRINCE2>
>> certified -
>> ITIL<http://nl.wikipedia.org/wiki/Information_Technology_Infrastructur
>> e_Library> certified
>> Tel: +32-3-326.50.75
>>

>> Intris nv
>> Wapenstilstandlaan 47
>> B-2600 Berchem  Tel.  +32 3 326 50 75
>> Fax  +32 3 326 42 23
>> www.intris.be<http://www.intris.be/>
>> DISCLAIMER
>> This is an e-mail from Intris. The information contained in this communication is
intended solely for use by the individual or entity to whom it is addressed.
>> Use of this communication by others is prohibited. If the e-mail message was sent
to you by mistake, please notify support@intris.be<mailto:support@intris.be>, destroy
it without reading, using, copying or disclosing its contents to any other person.