camel-users mailing list archives

From Jonathan Schoreels <jonathan.schore...@gmail.com>
Subject Good / Adviced way to poll an entire folder at scheduled moment
Date Mon, 08 May 2017 14:49:55 GMT
Hi.

I would like to know, in your experience, what's the best way to poll an
entire folder/remote folder, at an regular interval ?

It could seems quite easy, since the the file consumer can be used as a
batch consumer, that a scheduler can be used with it, but I have some
limitation each time :

1. Batch consumer : How to set a "good maxMessagePerPoll" ? If I hardcode
it, and poll those messages each day, I'm not future proof if more file
comes.
2. poll enrich only poll one at a time. So if I need to poll ALL the folder
each day, it doesn't help me.
3. having to start/stop routes with controle bus seems lot of
tweaks/hacking just to design a simple flow.

Have you any suggestion ?

Jonathan