camel-users mailing list archives

From Ronny Aerts <ronny.ae...@intris.be>
Subject RE: Camel Live Reload of XML routes when using routeContextRef's
Date Fri, 12 May 2017 17:54:23 GMT
Hello Claus,

Thank you for your quick answer.

I looked into FileWatcherReloadStrategy and ReloadStrategySupport (onReloadXml) and it should
be possible for me to extend it to reload routecontext's. The remaining point is how to connect
the extended code to the camelcontext just by using xml only (since we never use java to start
the camelcontext).

--
vriendelijke groeten,
Ronny Aerts – Intris nv – Wapenstilstandlaan 47, 2600 Berchem, België
Product Owner Integrations / Integrations Manager
Prince II certified – ITIL certified
Tel: +32-3-326.50.75

-----Original Message-----
From: Claus Ibsen [mailto:claus.ibsen@gmail.com]
Sent: vrijdag 12 mei 2017 15:44
To: users@camel.apache.org
Subject: Re: Camel Live Reload of XML routes when using routeContextRef's

You can turn on DEBUG logging on
org.apache.camel.impl.FileWatcherReloadStrategy and see what it logs

It should be checking for <camelContext> and <routes> as the root tags which is
what it attempts to reload.

On Fri, May 12, 2017 at 2:43 PM, Ronny Aerts <ronny.aerts@intris.be> wrote:
> Hello camel community,
>
> I saw in the camel 2.19.0 release notes that xml routes could be reloaded automatically
which woke my interest (since we only use xml routes and no java at all). I tried it by specifying
the fileWatcherDirectory in my pom.xml (in the camel-maven-plugin configuration) and it worked
fine for me. I ran it from within eclipse.

> The point is that our camelcontext only holds routeContextRef entries and no real routes.
I tried again by specifying the location src/main/resources (where the routecontext files
are) but this does not seem to work, no updates are seen. Are there any auto update possibilities
when using routecontext files?

> I did see how I can set any ReloadStrategy on the CamelContext in xml.
>
> --
> vriendelijke groeten,
> Ronny Aerts<mailto:ronny.aerts@intris.be> - Intris nv -
> Wapenstilstandlaan 47, 2600 Berchem, België Product Owner Integrations
> / Integrations Manager Prince II<http://nl.wikipedia.org/wiki/PRINCE2>
> certified -
> ITIL<http://nl.wikipedia.org/wiki/Information_Technology_Infrastructur
> e_Library> certified
> Tel: +32-3-326.50.75
>

> Intris nv
> Wapenstilstandlaan 47
> B-2600 Berchem  Tel.  +32 3 326 50 75
> Fax  +32 3 326 42 23
> www.intris.be<http://www.intris.be/>
> DISCLAIMER
> This is an e-mail from Intris. The information contained in this communication is intended
solely for use by the individual or entity to whom it is addressed.
> Use of this communication by others is prohibited. If the e-mail message was sent to
you by mistake, please notify support@intris.be<mailto:support@intris.be>, destroy it
without reading, using, copying or disclosing its contents to any other person.
> We accept no liability for damage related to data and/or documents which are communicated
by electronic mail.

--
Claus Ibsen