camel-users mailing list archives

From MartinPhilippi <martin.phili...@adesso.de>
Subject camel-quickfix - Using the InOut MEP with multiple MsgTypes
Date Tue, 30 May 2017 08:32:01 GMT
I'm trying to build a REST interface using camel-quickfix to interact with a FIX service. Ideally
I want to send synchronous responses to the REST calls.

Following the documentation about "Using the InOut Message Exchange Pattern" at http://camel.apache.org/quickfix.html
and inspecting the RequestReplyExample, I was able to do that, but only for one specific MsgType.

Am I right in assuming that using the CorrelationCriteria I'm only able to 'look out' for
one specific MsgType in a FIX reply message? For example, if I send a Quote Request (MsgType
R) to the FIX server, it would reply with a Quote (MsgType S), but if anything goes wrong
it could also be a Quote Request Reject (MsgType AG). How would I be able to correlate this
to the original request message? I can't see any possibility to use some sort of "OrPredicate"
or similar. Or am I missing something here?

     >>> business. people. technology. <<<

adesso AG mit Sitz in Dortmund
Vorstand: Michael Kenfenheuer (Vors.), Christoph Junge, Andreas Prenneis
Vorsitzender des Aufsichtsrates: Prof. Dr. Volker Gruhn
Amtsgericht Dortmund HRB 20663

https://www.adesso.de/adesso/adesso-de/e-mail-signatur/e-mailsignatur-jubilaeum-2017.png