camel-users mailing list archives

From MaFo <>
Subject Need advice on application architecture with camel
Date Mon, 29 May 2017 12:55:28 GMT

I got the task to build an Event-Dispatching application and decided to use
camel as base framework.
Among others, I have the following requirements:

1) Some routes are hardcoded in the software, but the user can configure
some aspects of the route via a web gui (e.g. the condition for a
switch-block or the name of a field to look for).
2) All other routes are not known at design time, the will be specified by
the customer AFTER the software has been delivered. Therefore the
application should be able to load routes from XML files and/or from JAR
files (via routebuilders or similar)

So I have to collect routes from 3 sources: XML, JAR files and dynamically
build by JAVA DSL with input from webgui.

How can I build my application so all those routes come together in one
context and can be monitored, e.g. with HAWT.IO?
Is it even recommended to put all those routes in the same context?

Thanks for your help!