camel-users mailing list archives

From Sivaraman <>
Subject How to send Query Parameters in POST request along with body?
Date Sun, 14 May 2017 16:02:57 GMT

I'm new to camel and I have to make HTTP POST request with body. Along with
that, I need to pass url query parameters too

        <<Profile Payload>> (As body)

I tried setting HTTP_QUERY/HTTP_METHOD in header, but the moment I set
HTTP_QUERY, camel is firing a GET request.

I tried appending the query param to the URL itself, but still same GET
request instead of POST.
Looks like if URL param is set, camel treats the request as GET always.

Any clue on how to make POST request with payload (body) and also query

As I read from camel documentation ( the
algorithm for GET vs POST is:

The following algorithm is used to determine if either GET or POST HTTP
method should be used:
1. Use method provided in header.
2. GET if query string is provided in header.
3. GET if endpoint is configured with a query string.
4. POST if there is data to send (body is not null).
5. GET otherwise.

Any help is appreciated.