camel-users mailing list archives

From mortalisk <morten.bendik...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Async bean method
Date Wed, 10 May 2017 13:44:56 GMT
My route:

In the executor bean (only message type was changed to :

It definitely seems to only run the "process" method one by one. I added a
sleep in "preProcess" (which is inside the "thenApplyAsync" so it should not
block the camel thread, which would make it wait for that much longer until
item in the queue immediately.

I looked at the camel code and found this line:
https://github.com/apache/camel/blob/master/camel-core/src/main/java/org/apache/camel/component/bean/MethodInfo.java#L324

I'm not sure if this is the code that is involved, but that would block the
thread if I'm not mistaken.