camel-users mailing list archives

From sbrandt2 <>
Subject Guidance to choose "future proof" http consumer/producer components
Date Mon, 24 Apr 2017 10:55:01 GMT
With the jetty producer surprisingly being deprecated recently via
CAMEL-10998 I (and probably a lot of other users) are now in the situation
having to plan the migration to another http producer.
I'd also like to avoid being in the same situation again in some months
having to migrate again.

Given the choice of available http related components, I'd like to ask Camel
developers for guidance on which http component(s) will be the "main" long
time supported http stack for Camel.

For producer endpoints, the choice would probably be between: http4,
netty4-http, undertow
For consumer endpoints: jetty, netty4-http, undertow

I'm aware of the dynamics of open source projects, but given the importance
of actively developed and supported http producer/consumer endpoints for an
integration framework I believe an answer is valuable to Camel users.

Also, to assess the urgency of a migration away from jetty producer
endpoint, it would be helpful to know if there are serious issues with it.
The description in CAMEL-10998 is a bit vague and I didn't find any
discussion about the deprecation on the dev forum.

Thank you!