camel-users mailing list archives

From "sameekbhaumik@yahoo.co.in" <sameekbhau...@yahoo.co.in>
Subject Need Help: Using ServiceCall EIP and camel-ribbon component to discover service from Netflix Eureka Server
Date Thu, 13 Apr 2017 16:24:45 GMT
Dear All,

I am trying to discover a service (localhost:9999) registered in a Eureka
Server running at localhost:8080 using ServiceCall EIP and camel-ribbon
component checked out from Github master branch i.e. 2.19.0-SNAPSHOT
version.

Following is my eureka-service properties used while registering the
service:

eureka.name=vertxHttp
eureka.vipAddress=http.vertx.net
eureka.port=9999

Now, my route to lookup the registered service is:

        StaticServiceDiscovery servers = new StaticServiceDiscovery();
        servers.addServer("localhost", 8080);

        RibbonConfiguration configuration = new RibbonConfiguration();
        RibbonLoadBalancer loadBalancer = new
RibbonLoadBalancer(configuration);

        // configure camel service call
        ServiceCallConfigurationDefinition config = new
ServiceCallConfigurationDefinition();
        config.setLoadBalancer(loadBalancer);
        config.setServiceDiscovery(servers);

        // register configuration
        getContext().setServiceCallConfiguration(config);

        from("direct:start")
        .serviceCall("vertxHttp","http:vertxHttp.host:vertxHttp.port")
        .process(new Processor() {

			@Override
				// TODO Auto-generated method stub
				System.out.println("From Route->"+exchange);
			}
		})
        .to("mock:result");

While running the above route in debug mode, the control is not going into
Processor.process, so I am unable to check the contents of exchange to see
whether ServiceCall is working as expected.

Couple of questions:
1) Can I use ServiceCall EIP and camel-ribbon component to discover a
service registered in Netflix Eureka Server?

2) If yes, pls help me in getting it working.

Thanks in advance.

Regards,
Sameek Bhaumik