camel-users mailing list archives

From Claus Ibsen <claus.ib...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: file input with tail -f behaviour
Date Mon, 27 Mar 2017 09:13:58 GMT
What do you mean by start from beginning?

It ought to read line by line when the file is appended. And if a new
file is created it starts from top again.
If you shutdown Camel, it does not remember where it was last time,
and start all over again

On Fri, Mar 24, 2017 at 11:28 AM, Oliver Wulff <owulff@talend.com> wrote:
> Hi there
>

> I've tried to use the stream input component to listen on changes within a file to process
the lines one by one.

> <from uri="stream:file?fileName=sample.csv&amp;scanStream=true&amp;scanStreamDelay=1000&amp;retry=true"
/>

> But I noticed it always starts from the beginning. Is there an option in Camel to have
"tail -f" behaviour to trigger my route?

--
Claus Ibsen