camel-users mailing list archives

From Tomohisa Igarashi <tm.igara...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Error in Unmarshalling to custom data format
Date Fri, 24 Feb 2017 06:03:23 GMT
Hi,

On 02/24/2017 01:36 PM, Amruta Jawlekar wrote:
> Thanks for your reply, Allan.
>
> Now I have removed all the routes from camel-context which were using bindy.
> So the bindy error message is gone. However, the main error in data
> conversion (unmarshalling) is still there.
>
> [                          main] BeanUtils                      DEBUG No
> property editor [org.apache.camel.model.DataFormatDefinitionEditor] found
> for type org.apache.camel.model.DataFormatDefinition according to 'Editor'
> suffix convention
> [                          main] DefaultListableBeanFactory     DEBUG Failed
> to convert bean 'wynFlatFileDataFormat' to required type
> [org.apache.camel.model.DataFormatDefinition]
> org.springframework.beans.ConversionNotSupportedException: Failed to convert
> value of type
> [ign.wyn.integration.common.dataformat.csv.WynFlatFileDataFormat] to
> required type [org.apache.camel.model.DataFormatDefinition]; nested
> exception is java.lang.IllegalStateException: Cannot convert value of type
> [ign.wyn.integration.common.dataformat.csv.WynFlatFileDataFormat] to
> required type [org.apache.camel.model.DataFormatDefinition]: no matching
> editors or conversion strategy found

Does this DEBUG log really mean any problem? Doesn't it succeed right after this by resolving
DataFormat instance directly?

When 'ref' is specified Camel first tries to resolve DataFormatDefinition with that name:
https://github.com/apache/camel/blob/master/camel-core/src/main/java/org/apache/camel/model/DataFormatDefinition.java#L78

But if it fails, then try again to resolve DataFormat instance with that name here:
https://github.com/apache/camel/blob/master/camel-core/src/main/java/org/apache/camel/model/DataFormatDefinition.java#L84

You may want to set a breakpoint around there and see what's actually happening.

Thanks,
Tomo