camel-users mailing list archives

From Frank Wein <frank.w...@fau.de>
Subject Re: Evaluate JsonPath on string inside a Map
Date Thu, 09 Feb 2017 09:21:33 GMT
souciance wrote:
> Not sure if this is what you are after but I have done it this way:
>

> .when(PredicateBuilder.isEqualTo(ExpressionBuilder.languageExpression("jsonpath","$.Status"),
> "whatyouwantequalto"))
>
> The $.Status is a node in the json string.
>

> --
Ah thanks, I need to try something in that direction. Actually I
realized now that I (probably) had a wrong understanding how simple(...)
can be used together with jsonpath in Camel 2.18+. I wanted to run a
jsonpath expression on a simple expression, so basically first
simple(...) and then jsonpath(...) (without changing the message body!).
However what's possible in Camel 2.18+ is using a simple expression
inside a jsonpath expression, so you can't actually change what message
the jsonpath expression runs on with the simple DSL.
For now I have temporarily saved the message body in a message header
and restore the message body again after having used the
setBody(simple(...))/when().jsonpath command. But I guess there are
better solutions for this problem.

Best regards

Frank