camel-users mailing list archives

From alexey-s <>
Subject Re: Stop component "direct-vm" from another OSGI camelContext
Date Tue, 28 Feb 2017 08:26:35 GMT
I conducted a series of experiments.
Normal JUnit, without OSGI. Creates 2 Camel Context.
The first contains

The second contains not a single RouteBuilder. Create only ProducerTemplate
and send body.

JUnit shows stable performance.

Go to the Apache Karaf.
The first component can be built on anything. Spring, OSGI Blueprint, OSGI
SCR or default BundleActivator. The choice does not matter.
Here it is quite different.

Create Apache Karaf Shell command

System components "direct-vm" loses its list of registered components.
There is a cleaning list DirectVmComponent.CONSUMERS.

The implementation of the command I used OsgiDefaultCamelContext.
Then I used DefaultCamelContext.
A special role is not playing.

When working in the OSGI, DirectVmComponent component does not work as
expected in JUnit.

Maybe I still see
"Also we dont encourge end user to start and stop camel context,
as there is a bunch of stuff you need to do this so its correct."