camel-users mailing list archives

From sohrab <sohrab.hosse...@gmail.com>
Subject Camel Groovier DSL
Date Thu, 23 Feb 2017 12:03:29 GMT
I've always felt that our Camel Groovy DSL is a bit of a cop-out, being just
a thin veneer over Java DSL. It ignores all the features that Groovy offers
when it comes to creating a new DSL.

Also I find Java DSL gets a bit cumbersome, especially since builder pattern
does not lend itself well to a hierarchical structure. (How often I've seen
developers waste hours trying to figure out some weird behaviour just to
find out they missed an end() somewhere along the way. Or have to create
fake indentations to show structure in their route, just for the next guy to
blow it away with a code auto-format.)

To keep the long rant short, I had a crack at a /Groovier DSL/ for Camel.

https://github.com/sohrab-/camel-groovier

I appreciate some feedback to see if there is enough interest for such a
thing or not.