camel-users mailing list archives

From slew77 <stephen.lewi...@yahoo.co.uk>
Subject RE: Netty4 HL7 - reject messages larger than a specified size
Date Mon, 20 Feb 2017 12:45:03 GMT
Hi,

The motivation is to protect the system from dealing with a message that
larger than anticipated.

Ideally I want to do this as the message is streamed to us, rather than
doing any type of conversion to string after it's already been fully
received. I also don't want to wait for the codec to fully convert the
message to a byte array, I'd prefer to be able to handle this in Netty
somehow, so that as the arriving packets are added to the buffer, as soon as
a maximum size is breached, then whole message is aborted.

Really appreciate any ideas on the best approach.

Thanks again,
Steve.