camel-users mailing list archives

From jpeschke <>
Subject LevelDB as AggregationRepository in distributed environment
Date Wed, 04 Jan 2017 15:39:30 GMT
Hi all,
I am planning a setup where I have an ActiveMQ queue with messages and two
servers with queue consumers, running as "exclusive consumers" (ActiveMQ
ensures only one server consumes messages, if this server fails, the other
one takes over).

The exclusive consumer aggregates the messages, but to survive a shutdown,
this has to be done using a persistent aggregation repository.

To make sure that the newly selected exclusive consumer also has the
messages the crashed server has already aggregated, I considered using a
LevelDB file on a shared file system.

Can anyone tell me if this works? (Note: I do *NOT* need both servers
accessing the LevelDB store at the same time, because the exclusive
consumer-magic of ActiveMQ should enforce only one server aggregating at a
time. But the failover server should be able to access the repository as
soon as it takes over).

Thanks for your answers & best regards,