camel-users mailing list archives

From "Goyal, Arpit" <arpit.go...@sap.com>
Subject RE: Support SFTP Absolute Path for directory
Date Fri, 23 Dec 2016 00:18:06 GMT
Found two of the issues raised earlier, but still it didn't explain the much about what is
the security issue and what problem people faced.

If anyone has, do share the problem faced. As we never did with native sftp implementation.

Regards,
Arpit.

-----Original Message-----
From: Goyal, Arpit [mailto:arpit.goyal@sap.com]
Sent: Thursday, December 22, 2016 1:12 AM
To: users@camel.apache.org
Subject: Support SFTP Absolute Path for directory

Hi All,

Camel doesn't support absolute path based on the documentation - Where directoryname represents
the underlying directory. The directory name is a relative path. Absolute paths are not supported.

Due to which when we send /Home/Inbound/Data.csv as part of the URL, the actual value reaching
to JSCH for writing becomes /Home/Inbound/Home/Inbound/Data.csv & we get exception - No
Such File.

JSCH version 0.1.50 & Apache Camel 1.16.3 version

1.       com.jcraft.jsch.ChannelSftp.put(InputStream, String, SftpProgressMonitor, int) -->
gets second parameter as Home/Inbound

2.       com.jcraft.jsch.ChannelSftp.remoteAbsolutePath(String)

a.       Tries to get Cwd

b.      Tries to get Home, which comes back as /Home/Inbound

3.       Path becomes /Home/Inbound/Home/Inbound

Writing for file fails as the folder doesn't exists.

Question 1: Anyone has any resolution how to resolve this. Camel always strip all '/' before
sending it to JSCH to support only relative path.

Question 2: Also, Can we configure something on Sftp server that 'getHome' method returns
'/' rather /Home/Inbound?

Regards,
Arpit.