camel-users mailing list archives

From linktech <kl...@acm.org>
Subject Re: Camel Non-blocking HTTP based Microservices
Date Thu, 22 Dec 2016 18:29:38 GMT
I am looking for the same REST HTTP functionality in Camel as outline in this
great article on Spring Integration:
https://dzone.com/articles/non-blocking-rest-services-with-spring. Need to
be able to return the REST response (deferred) to the HTTP stack and release
the request thread.  When the deferred request is notified via callback that
data in ready the HTTP stack would send response back to client.

I think it would require the REST support to return a different Response
type (DeferredResponse) based on ListenableFuture that is recognized by HTTP
implementation or some layer above so that we have true non-blocking.