camel-users mailing list archives

From perry <>
Subject How to react in CometD if too many requests come to server?
Date Mon, 12 Dec 2016 02:51:36 GMT
We are using CometD as framework to push messages from server side to client
side in app. In doc,
there is one property "interval" to control reconnect(/meta/connect request)
from client side, but this seems like static configuration for all such
requests, it can not help if too many requests come to server at rumtime(not
always), how to react on server side in CometD for such case? is there any
other way to detect incoming request rate and update "interval" with bigger
number on demand if many requests at peak time?There is one issue in our
app, we set 0 as "interval" value by default but too many /meta/connect
requests came at some time, our app was down afterwards and client sides got
402 for all such requests. We are looking for some general way to not let
server down.Thanks in advance!